The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my dream car

Guest inviziblex

Guest inviziblex

well i am wanting to buy a toyota supra 1996 only problem is i have no idea about the parts i need to get i want it to have twin turbo and a stroker but what else do i need like suspension transmision all of that i have no idea i am only 17 but as soon as im 18 im importing my supra if you guys could help that would be great or and i also want this car to be my main car i want to drive it ALOT! hehe

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your getting way ahead of yourself dude... that's what most kids do when they join forums looking for advice.

First things first, buy a Twin Turbo 6-speed with low mileage and in good condition. Since you're in Canada you'll be looking at about $16,000 - $19,000 considering it's a 1996. This is also considering if you get it from a broker and after taxes, dealers will charge you this much for some beat up POS.

After you get the car then you can start planning on building the car up.

Just read around this forum and other supra forums and just read and learn.

p.s

If your in Canada make sure the car needs to be at least 15 years old from the Production date.

Edited by msupra (see edit history)

Guest inviziblex

im not getting ahead of my self hehe but i am buying the car from japan with no mods just normal engine then i will buy new 3.4l 2jz engine and car will only go for about 6-7 grand in japan and import fees about 3-4 grand

I think you better research your stuff first mate. There is no 3.4L 2JZ.

I don't mean to scare you off... but if you have limited driving experience, which I can only assume you have - you are worth building up the experience first and make sure you know a thing or two about the car aswell.

IMO, 17/18 is simply too young and inexperienced for a car with this power.

Guest inviziblex

i dont have any experiance in this stuff but i am trying to learn and i figure why spend money on another car when i am gonna end up buying a supra anyways

So you want a stroker kit straight away? Crazy. Get to know the car first.

I don't mean to scare you off... but if you have limited driving experience, which I can only assume you have - you are worth building up the experience first and make sure you know a thing or two about the car aswell.

This!

im not getting ahead of my self hehe but i am buying the car from japan with no mods just normal engine then i will buy new 3.4l 2jz engine and car will only go for about 6-7 grand in japan and import fees about 3-4 grand

So you're looking to get a non-turbo?

trust me you are getting WAY ahead of yourself (no offsene intended). I bought mine with my own moeny at 17 (1993 5spd NA) so I can relate.

you have no idea how fast a stock TT 6-spd it. 280hp with 300+ lbs of torque is. I've driven R35, Lamborghini's, etc around the age of 17 and so on so this says a lot. If you even do a fuckin do a single turbo that's an automatic beast right away!

what part of Canada are you from? and what will you be using a 3.4l 800hp + supra for exactly ?

Edited by msupra (see edit history)

I think hes going to put a 3.4 stroker into the car he gets ;)

i dont have any experiance in this stuff but i am trying to learn and i figure why spend money on another car when i am gonna end up buying a supra anyways

Because of experience. You are building up to the car you want so you don't kill yourself. It's worthit. Trust me. Your life is worth more than a Supra.

Guest inviziblex

i wont take any offence i am here to learn about it and hear your guys opinion but i was talking with my friend and he was saying get a 3.0 2jz with twin turbo and a stroker

i wont take any offence i am here to learn about it and hear your guys opinion but i was talking with my friend and he was saying get a 3.0 2jz with twin turbo and a stroker

Either you friend doesn't value your life and friendship or he doesn't understand that car.

Besides, a stroker kit isn't nessecary for 95% of the poeple here. The standard 3.0L is more than capable.

Guest inviziblex

i will drive it with out any turbos or any work done to it for a while to get used to it and all that then we i am ready i will buy everything and my parents arnt buying me shit all i have saved up for it i got a 15k check when i am 18 coming its from a car accident and i have saved up 18K so far but i will keep working to get more and i live in calgary AB

no offsese again, just giving you the reality and truth, but who cares what your friend said.

I've been on car forums since I was 14, and to be 100% honest with you, young guys that know nothing or little about cars come on forums making threds saying they want to do this and that, but 3/4 years later they'll be gone and it never happended.

You said last page a supra for 7k. Now how exactly will you get one for that much if it's a twin turbo? please don't tell me automatic.

If your getting a supra, just buy a 6 speed twin turbo and go from there if you have the money