The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyres and alloys

scorling

i have a couple of issues about tyres and alloys and welcome any insight and advice from anyone with experience.

I have the scruffiest alloys ever seen on a j-spec Supra. They are a triple split alloy, so the usual alloy repair businesses run a mile. They are badly damaged and the alloy is peeling off; the photograph is typical of all four wheels. Advice as to my options for getting them refurbished would be welcome.

I have invested 99p on ebay and bought a set of stock 16" alloys so I can take the current wheels off for refurbishment. The tyres on them are 225/50ZR16 and 245/50ZR16. Event Tyres tell me that although the bigger size is not discontinued they cannot find any in the UK. What are my options for the rear wheels?

IMG_0007.jpg

i have a couple of issues about tyres and alloys and welcome any insight and advice from anyone with experience.

I have the scruffiest alloys ever seen on a j-spec Supra. They are a triple split alloy, so the usual alloy repair businesses run a mile. They are badly damaged and the alloy is peeling off; the photograph is typical of all four wheels. Advice as to my options for getting them refurbished would be welcome.

I have invested 99p on ebay and bought a set of stock 16" alloys so I can take the current wheels off for refurbishment. The tyres on them are 225/50ZR16 and 245/50ZR16. Event Tyres tell me that although the bigger size is not discontinued they cannot find any in the UK. What are my options for the rear wheels?

They can be refurbed, speak to Ibrar at Speedwells in B'ham, he can probably sort you out new tyres as well.

The only part thats possibly not saveable is the center caps, these aren't very well made and mine actually cracked as there a casting, i made new center caps but if you want the WORK ones you could possibly buy them from a WORK wheel supplier.

I also treated mine to new nuts and bolts but they alone were around £200 !

These were mine before and after and done again in all black. Mine are the same wheels as yours just a bit bigger :)

WORK Equips

DSCF0460.JPG

DSCF0503.JPG

DSCF0543.JPG

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)