The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help with fitting front bumper and sideskirts

Spike3.0

I'm going to replace my OEM front bumper with a Do luck replica this Monday, the Do Luck came from another car and is already painted - and looked to be a good fit.

The sideskirts are off a member here from his car so I hope no problems with them either...

When swapping the bumpers/Skirts over will I need any brackets or extra bolts?

I'm being overly cautious because I use the car daily and come Wednesday morning I'll be back to work travelling 100miles a day:(

I found this guide, but does anyone have any photos to help a beginner...

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=40235&highlight=front+bumper+fitting

Thanks

The bumper will also have some plastic push in fixings in the center part between the head lights, their covered with a rubber strip, these can sometimes be a pain to get out so i'd get some new ones.

Could I use counter sunk bolts or similar, save the hassle of ordering from Mr T.

I was thinking of using a plate across the top because I'm worried about the bumper flexing and cracking... Or this that daft?

Cheers for the replys,

Could I use counter sunk bolts or similar, save the hassle of ordering from Mr T.

I was thinking of using a plate across the top because I'm worried about the bumper flexing and cracking... Or this that daft?

Cheers for the replys,

Sounds daft to me, its hardly hassle calling Toyota for the correct parts to do the job properly.

My TRD front bumper is fitted with these and the correct fixings to the wings which are actually 2 metal strips aprrox

10" long x 1" wide with threaded studs welded to each and not nuts and bolts.

Ive no problems with mine cracking, i also have 2 extra fixings underneath the bumper into the chassis

Sounds daft to me, its hardly hassle calling Toyota for the correct parts to do the job properly.

My TRD front bumper is fitted with these and the correct fixings to the wings which are actually 2 metal strips aprrox

10" long x 1" wide with threaded studs welded to each and not nuts and bolts.

Ive no problems with mine cracking, i also have 2 extra fixings underneath the bumper into the chassis

Good news about the strip of metal,

I'll get on to Mr T and see about these clips you talk about - anyone have any part numbers?

Thanks

Heres some pics

The 1st pic is the bumper removed, you can see the strip with the studs in place and the second is fitted to the car, you can only see the one stud, the other you need to remove the wheel arch liner to get at.

Also a pic of where i have 2 fixings under the bumper

FinishedDucting001.jpg

FinishedDucting019.jpg

FinishedDucting045.jpg

DSCF0841.JPG

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Heres some pics

The 1st pic is the bumper removed, you can see the strip with the studs in place and the second is fitted to the car, you can only see the one stud, the other you need to remove the wheel arch liner to get at.

Thanks for the photos, thats a good help - hard to picture these things.