The mkiv Supra Owners Club

LED w5w Bulbs

Jellybean

Got Some LED W5W 501 Fittings off Ebay, was delighted with them till I dropped one behind the bumper (not a chance of getting it or seeing where it went with the front diffuser)

Couldnt find the LED's I got(or anything similar in the pics on ebay) and appears the seller([email protected] or WORLDSOUNDC) is no longer there; So I ordered another set of LED's off another seller.

The Quality on these is crap,but I replaced the missing bulb and it was working fine, so put everything back togeter to find out after a drive it is not working now. :rolleyes:

Was thinking if any of the top brands like Osram do them or Philips, Osram closest looks like Cool Blue but it is a Bulb filament not LED and Philips have new LED range but they are very $$$ at 33 pound GBP.

http://www.powerbulbs.com/product_list_search.asp

Any idea's or recomendations, ;)

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)

He's the dude doing the group buy on the HID kit I got one off him, he knows his stuff so I'm sure he can help you out mate!

Cool , sent him a PM but all I can see on the Web is the Philips at 34 pound; Just fed up replacing the Ebay ones, reg rear only lasted 3 months

http://www.regalautobulbs.co.uk/Images/Products/ledw5wbluevision.png

Phillips myt be dear mate but at least you know they are going to last for ages! Could be the way to go

Thats what I am thinking, I hate taking the lights in and out always a danger something will get damaged. Must of taken the front lights out about 6 times in the last month

I have it down to mins now instead of an hour :sly:

Guest blueangel

I think the phillips will almost definatly be better dude and to be honest worth the money, Im thinking of having a set whilst there is discount lol

I think the phillips will almost definatly be better dude and to be honest worth the money, Im thinking of having a set whilst there is discount lol

I think so, you pay for what you get and the hassle too of changing them

Philips Blue Vision LED W5W T10 6000K

£38.99 £38.99

FREE Philips Premium W5W Sidelight Bulbs (Twin Pack) 1 FREE FREE

Delivery £FREE

Voucher Discount (10%) Edit Voucher Code -£3.90

Total £35.09

Heres the price with promo code Powerbulbs.co.uk

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=59734

Might replace the indicator bulbs too while I have the lights out

The bulbs are easy enough to replace, I use cheap Ebay ones and buy in 10's for a few quid, as think £34 for a set of side light bulbs is a bit dear.

Headlights out with a TRD bumper, it is a pain in the rear

I find it is a hit and miss with the ebay LEDs on Quality control, fed up replacing them on the reg and front

I say the philips will last you for at least a year or 2 if not more

On a related topic, the running lights new Audis and Mercs have (paricularly the Mercs) are really bright, does anyone know the output/fitment/suppliers?

I am 99% sure they use Osram bulbs(Mercedes & BMW), its the same on the New big 4 door saloon Lexus(reg plate Lights)

http://www.powerbulbs.com/product_detail.asp?prod=128

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)

I can change my sidelights without taking the headlights out, just reach behind the lights and pop the long grey bit out.

Not a hope in hell with mine, she also has the inner Ducting unit bolted inside the Bumper to the chassis with the Mesh attached to it.

Even with the Lights out it is tight, for me its either Lights out or bumper off :rolleyes:

the joys of a TRD 3000 eh carlo lol

You should of seen me last week after I put in the new Oil cooler in, trying to get the Bumper back on , P$$ rain, on my back on the deck, my face 2 mm from the Bumper trying to bolt it back on, with a small river running through my legs, tools soaked

If a cliff was near by she was goin off it :innocent:

The joys of Mechanics and owning a Jap super car

To answer one of your questions in your thread - SMD are a lot brighter than standard LED. They look like a yellow circle that lights up. I've got SMDs in my interior lights and sidelights - they light up a hell of a lot!

To be honest though, I've only ever had to replace one LED bulb in 2 years of ownership, and only because of a dodgy resistor inside that made it flicker. I buy all mine from ebay for a couple of quid a bulb.... £34 is a rip off to be honest, but if it is really that much of a hassle to replace then maybe for peace of mind you should pay it

To answer one of your questions in your thread - SMD are a lot brighter than standard LED. They look like a yellow circle that lights up. I've got SMDs in my interior lights and sidelights - they light up a hell of a lot!

To be honest though, I've only ever had to replace one LED bulb in 2 years of ownership, and only because of a dodgy resistor inside that made it flicker. I buy all mine from ebay for a couple of quid a bulb.... £34 is a rip off to be honest, but if it is really that much of a hassle to replace then maybe for peace of mind you should pay it

Thanks Stan, just got the Philips today so hopefully wont need to touch them for a few years