The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Vid

benkei

I know this video is most likely a repost, but I have a few questions...

d8vAxzLApPs

What front lip is that? And the turbo kit, an Amuse GT30... How big is that? Is anyone here running one or something similar? It's running on a stock engine, so I guess it must be only a small single?

Oh, and what's 'in-lift'?

Edited by benkei (see edit history)

I know this video is most likely a repost, but I have a few questions...

d8vAxzLApPs

What front lip is that? And the turbo kit, an Amuse GT30... How big is that? Is anyone here running one or something similar? It's running on a stock engine, so I guess it must be only a small single?

Oh, and what's 'in-lift'?

Leebuk has this kit on his car, I sold it to him and fitted it.

Have seen that video before HOWEVER the one I saw only had Japanese subtitles so thank you for posting that, I hadn't for the life of me had a clue what the idea of the Video was. Now I Know :)

Same here, I haven't seen the english subtitle version like this one

Have seen that video before HOWEVER the one I saw only had Japanese subtitles so thank you for posting that, I hadn't for the life of me had a clue what the idea of the Video was. Now I Know :)

Glad I could help :)

"I felt more fear than pleasure"

That made me :rlol: too! :D

Same kit as mine that Dude @ AFR fitted for me.

Only moderate power increase over BPU but very very quick spool - positive boost below 2k (not far from idle it seems), making 1.4bar by ~3.3k with very smooth power delivery - not the big surge of power and sudden loss of traction you get on a bigger single plus cheaper as less extras to buy such as manifold since it bolts onto what you have on the TT already.

I fitted it on mine as a stepping stone to going bigger in future as it seems more cost effective than going down hybrid route with the risk of them breaking at the higher boost levels and it also results in more power & quicker spool.

I reckon the smooth power delivery and modest BHP increase also makes it suitable for an auto with the smooth torque curve being nice to the autobox and quick spool meaning no need for a torque converter to keep it driveable.

The Skyline in that vid is an animal. Love it when he is saying "It's too fast.... it's too fast!!" :D