The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Facelifting a pre-facelift - Wiring?

James

Just curious as to the ease of replacing a pre-facelift front and rear bumper for the facelift equivalents and then wiring the running lights/reflectors?

At present I have a pre-facelift ('93) and will be garaging it for the next while and gathering together a Ridox front, Ridox skirts and Ridox spats.

From looking at most pictures and such, it appears that the Ridox spats accomodate the facelift rear running lights. As a fan of the facelift look anyway (I plan on getting some rear lights soon and have just bought pre-facelift clear lensed "facelifted" headlights), I would happily get a facelift rear bumper to get around this problem (it would also get rid of the annoying fog light placement I have at present!).

So essentially, I'm just wondering what would need done for the overhaul? I'd be keeping the pre-facelift headlights so the sidelights would still be in the cluster and the indicator as my orange blob!

Any help appreciated!

Just curious as to the ease of replacing a pre-facelift front and rear bumper for the facelift equivalents and then wiring the running lights/reflectors?

I would happily get a facelift rear bumper to get around this problem (it would also get rid of the annoying fog light placement I have at present!).

So essentially, I'm just wondering what would need done for the overhaul? I'd be keeping the pre-facelift headlights so the sidelights would still be in the cluster and the indicator as my orange blob!

Any help appreciated!

If you look closely you will see that the facelift rear markers are situated in the rear quarter panels so the rear bumper doesn't need to be changed(except to get rid of that foglamp).

Only the front repeaters are in the bumper and as the bumpers are the same style just use a gasket from a fc lamp as a template and cut the hole to suit and save your money for some facelift front indicators :innocent:

Fitting rear markers could be a little more difficult though

It's really easy mate.

What you need to do first of all :-

Pay for the wing and bonnet that you convinced me to post which I didn't want to, and I spend 30 quid on

Recon that would be a good start. Now I've got a bonnet and wing sitting invent shed with all this boublewrap on it that I paid for for nothing. Cheers dude.

It's really easy mate.

Pay for the wing and bonnet that you convinced me to post which I didn't want to, and I spend 30 quid on

Recon that would be a good start. Now I've got a bonnet and wing sitting invent shed with all this boublewrap on it that I paid for for nothing. Cheers dude.

Win

It's really easy mate.

Sorry Hodge but your post has confused me:( do you have issues with the OP?:taped: