The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra stacked into wall at Pod

Justin

I've got some pics of this incident, all taken after the fact though. I was stood alongside the track at the time it happened and I heard all the Ooohs and Ahhhs from the crowd but it was all over by the time I looked. The poor guy driving must've been absolutely gutted but he took it on the chin when the car was later parked up and there was a big crowd inspecting the damage.

I came very very close to doing the same thing with my import at pod. I had just had the LSD fitted and was used to keeping my foot on the floor when it spins up (non-lsd just spins a wheel). I tried that at pod and the car came right round, I was facing the brick wall at 80mph, it snapped back the other way and back again and I just about got it under control but all I could think of was how much of the front of the car would be left if it hit the wall.

Hope the repairs dont cost too much.

JB

thanks lads bit of a mess hopfully wont take long to sort just cant belive how it span

heres my shoping list if any one has these available may be more to follow not sure yet.

front light would like uk spec if not jap ones in good nick

fan and shroud

expansion tank

pm me

thanks again for all you kind words and support it means alot and also thanks again to dude for checking the car over:cry:

Originally posted by Supragal

how come the big piower supes dont' seem to have that trouble?

Heh.. I assure you I still have the problem. Thing is, you cant keep it floored. During my runs, I was feathering the throttle all the way through second gear unsuccessfully trying to keep the wheelspin under control. All the while steering into the drift.

Its a bit ballsy, but not much you can do at Pod skating rink.

sorry to hear such a nice supra having a bump. i was behind start line in the canopy and heard the bloke on mike going mad on mike. looked up and seen the car into wall.

some dick head behind me was saying it was the highlight of his day. you always get people wanting to take the piss.

hope you get it sorted.

think of it as better things to come for you and car.

Originally posted by supradibbs

thans mark teach me for teasing you about your bumper when i saw it at dudes place

hopefully sourced secound hand uk spec handlight with knackard seals for £150 fingers crossed

Supradibbs are your saying you have sourced one second hand headlight that needs resealing for £150?

If so you know they are less than that new.