The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Time Attack 2010 10th Oct Snetterton

T2 MSW

Following the threads about the final round I have decided to put my name down to compete in the final round of the UK time attack series. All paid tonight and I have a confirmation so guess that means im committed (What am I doing).

I need a few things for me mainly. Need a new helmet, a race suit, boots, gloves.

Stuff for the car is on order, harnesses should be here this week and a front tow eye.

Any help anyone can provide with the above would be greatly appreciated as its all very expensive when your starting. So second hand suites gloves etc or recommendation on decent suppliers with poss discounts would be great.

Helmet wise I think I have decided on the Simpson Bandit in white as it meets the regs and looks ok.

Retisent to use the work cheap in this thread as when it come to safty its not worth cutting corners but advise on suppliers is appreciated.

Looking forward to it :)

Edited by T2 MSW (see edit history)

You'll love it mate, good on you, about time someone else took the plunge! Great to see another Supra out there with us.

Make sure you sort your tyres out well in advance as there is a shortage with Toyo at the moment, we didn't have any new tyres for the last round as they didn't have any in our size, pretty poor and we were obviously well pissed off about it as it puts us on the back foot.

Choose a helmet on fit and comfort. I have yet to find a Simpson that fits my bonce comfortably, yet most Arai fit like a glove. This is commonplace, apparently. The helmet market is pretty tied up, I would just go somewhere with a big range to try, and given your location it would have to be Demon Tweeks. They may have some end of line or whatever race suits, too, as the end of the season is a quiet time for race suit sales. Again, try before you buy. Unless you intend doing some single seater racing I'd avoid triple layer suits as the are very hot, and a lot more costly. You should be able to blag some discount at Tweeks, if you are a good bargainer.

You'll love it mate, good on you, about time someone else took the plunge! Great to see another Supra out there with us.

Make sure you sort your tyres out well in advance as there is a shortage with Toyo at the moment, we didn't have any new tyres for the last round as they didn't have any in our size, pretty poor and we were obviously well pissed off about it as it puts us on the back foot.

Cheers mate.

I'll be using the second hand set I bought from Steve after oulton. One question is the tyre fitting service on the day free?

Choose a helmet on fit and comfort. I have yet to find a Simpson that fits my bonce comfortably, yet most Arai fit like a glove. This is commonplace, apparently. The helmet market is pretty tied up, I would just go somewhere with a big range to try, and given your location it would have to be Demon Tweeks. They may have some end of line or whatever race suits, too, as the end of the season is a quiet time for race suit sales. Again, try before you buy. Unless you intend doing some single seater racing I'd avoid triple layer suits as the are very hot, and a lot more costly. You should be able to blag some discount at Tweeks, if you are a good bargainer.

Cheers Chris, I've always found demon tweaks expensive but I was looking at the site last night and for race suits they are not that bad :)

Indeedy. You'll need to get them stamped dont forget to.

Cool, Steve has already had them stamped for me. Car is almost ready, need to get the spreader plates welded for the belts and the tow eye.

You likely to have an engine built in just over a months time?