The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ignition source in fuse box

jevansio

After the relay controlling my electric fans gave up at SupraPod, I've decided to do a proper job and put everything in the fusebox.

I've found a spare relay slot, got a spare headlight relay, and got the terminals for underneath.

So rather than running an ignition feed from behind the dash (which is the way I currently do it), is there an ignition feed in the fusebox? I'm guessing the EFI Main relay would be a good source? Both EFI Main & EFI 2 have a 12v supply when ignition is switched on?

Edited by jevansio (see edit history)

maybe use 2 relays aswell or a higher amp relay because of the draw on start up??

glad you got back ok and the fuse helped

Pretty sure one will do bud, I don't think adding extra relays achives anything anyway (unless you're running one fan per relay).

Cheers mate, yeah it was perfect all the way home :D

Well this is the fruits of these questions, my electric fans are now fused & relayed in the fusebox.

I took apart an MR2 fusebox & used the connectors underneath to make the spare relay slot work and the TEL fuse :). Nice & tiday and no chance of the relay getting wet now :)

Used a spare headlamp relay which swicthes 2 x 15amp headlight circuits, so should be OK for my 1 x 30amp fan circuit?

I managed to blow my 120amp fuse in the process like, when I had the fuse box apart checking for what was 12v the bottom touched the shell and it popped, bloody £13 from Toyota!!!!

attachment.php?attachmentid=115440&stc=1&d=1282040084

IMG_5742.jpg