The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking of NA-T

steady_dave

Hello there,

Now i've always wanted to go NA-T as it's something a bit different, and i've been looking at kits and so far the Boostlogic kits seem the most appropriate.

Now i'm going to buy a second NA engine so I can slowly build it over time and keep my Supra on the road during the build but i'm also considening looking into buying all the parts separate instead of in a kit, just so I can see what different parts I can put together and have options.

However I don't know exactly everything that is needed to transform my car into an NA-T.

Could anyone give me a full list of all the parts I need?

Thanks in advance!

club na-t is the place to go for info on that mate although there are a small number of people who have them on here and are very helpful

All depends on your power goals ect im sure with a lower hp goal you could get away with cheaper parts ect dr jekyl,m life and davey001 have allways been happy to help me :D

Good idea with buying a second hand NA engine. saves you lots of messing around.

There are a few of us on here NA-t so should be able to help.

Good places to look for info are:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/group.php?groupid=49

http://www.clubna-t.com

Club na-t is great for information as to how people have done their Na-t's fueling etc.

Any questions just ask mate.... Lots of people dont like the NA-t route BUT its all upto you really. I like it because i was on a budget and did it all myself rather then paying a garage 6k to do it for me, best way to learn IMHO.

Steve

Dont forget about thicker head gasket if you going 0.6 bar +

as martin (m_life) will tell you , this is not a good way to lower compression , it was initially the way i was going to do it untill he told me other wise and after an hour of reasearch it all made sense.

the only way you should lower the compression is with a standard h/g and lower comp pistons i.e TT pistons.

the gaskett is a botch way of doing it that compramises performance and reliability.

Also found out earlier this afternoon its quicker 60-120 than a TT6 with 3" exhaust, FMIC and 2nd decat NA-T .55bar FTW! ;)

Aiming for 12-14psi so yea will be dropping in TT pistons and arp head studs then save up for a R154 or V160/1 :(

same plan hear mate , i may just ahve baught another na so the na-t is going to have a big upgrade over the winter :).

i think alot of people would be shoked at how a 5 speed na-T goes when they are running well :D

There are only a couple of suppliers of decent quality NA-T kits that I know of (Power House Racing and Boostlogic), it would be a lot simpler (and probably cheaper) to buy one of their complete kits.

Alternatively if you did want to put together your own kit then I would buy at least the manifold, downpipe/mid pipe, Intercooler and IC piping together from a single source to ensure they all fit together. You could then buy the other parts off the shelf from different sources, parts such as the turbo, wastegate, oil lines etc. you would need to spec to match.

There may a few things I've missed here, but this should give you an idea.

Turbo Kit

2JZ-GE Manifold

Turbo

Intake Pipe, Connectors & Fittings

Air Filter

Downpipe & Midpipe

Wastegate

Screamer Pipe

Oil Lines and Fittings

Water Line & Fittings (if using DBB Turbo)

Gaskets & Seals

Intercooler

Intercooler Piping, Connectors & Fittings

Vacuum Piping & Fittings

Turbo Blanket

Heat Resistant Bandage & Fabric.

Engine

Oil Pump

Water Pump

Gasket Set - Toyota do a complete 2JZ-GE rebuild kit.

Timing Belt & Tensioner

Crank Pulley & V Belt

Oil Filter

Oil - couple of fills for engine run in and mapping.

Spark Plugs

Distributor Cap, Rotor Arm and Plug Leads - optional but worth budgeting for.

Radiator - Worth budgeting for a new one

2JZ-GTE Pistons, Rings & Bearings - if you're rebuilding the engine it'd be worth fitting these at the same time.

Intake Cam - optional but worth considering if rebuilding engine.

Electronics

Standalone ECU, Sensors, Harness and Mapping

Boost Controller - optional

Boost Gauge

AFR Gauge

Oil Pressure Gauge

Gauge Pod

Fueling

Fuel Pump

Fuel Injectors

Fuel Filter

Edited by Nic (see edit history)