The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Adopt a Drifter!!!!

dude

Firstly let me put that Suprash knows nothing about this post.

We have had 'can we help so and so' threads before and the response has been good so I thought I would post this up.

Ash has put his drift car together on a shoestring budget and the first time its really been driven in anger was at Suprapod. The car is nowhere what it could or should be due mainly to Ash's lack of ££££ and in no way due to lack of enthusiasm or effort. He has driven myself and Matt mad trying to get the car done.

Now heres the strange part, Ash took me for a spin at the pod and F**k me do you know what that boy can actually drive it, I really think he has a talent that we as a club should nurture.

Can we not organise something to help Ash campaign this car with a fighting chance of sucess next year.

We at AFR are going to put an engine together and map the car etc, im pretty sure if the club pulled together we could get this car out there and seen and im sure Ash will be up for passenger rides to all those who help out etc.

This is just a thought but I think some talent may be going to waste.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You aren't the only bunch he has driven mad ;)

I'm happy to continue on being a spanner chucker when I get the chance from my day job :) (Even if we did spend most of Wednesday trying to get an engine in to discover it had the wrong engine mounts.....Gray spotted this in 20 minutes of arriving, so credit to him for that, had he not, I reckon Ash and I would still be sat there trying to shoehorn it in)

And yes the boy can actually drive rather well can't he....

Edited by JustGav (see edit history)

Sounds like a great idea Dude. I'd happily throw a score into a pot if it meant he had a better chance of doing well. It takes a lot of grit to keep going at something like this (I'm currently trying to build a half decent Supra to get into the Irish Touring Car Championship myself) and I was disappointed I couldn't lend any support to Ash while the car was in the early stages of it's rebuild.

How about drifting lessons in return? :D

Or passenger rides would do.

I've seen most of ashes posts, from when he started to drift. To the accident when the trailer flipped. To working hard to get a supra in to the british drift championship. I would be happy to chuck some money for his car. Or even lend a hand when he's at llandow, as its not far from me.

OK hopefully we have got the ball rolling, but we really need to get this organized properly, maybe one of the mods can help.

Everyone chipping in should know where any £££ goes, be it for fuel etc, also man hours and parts would be welcome as well.

So i am hopeless at organizing things, the engine and mapping are no problem who wants to be in charge of the 'Ash is a driving god' fund.

ill happily send him used tyres to drift on if i get the sizes he runs. maybe a little sticker on the car somwhere :)

I know he has been onto me about running 19's, running 9" front and 10" rears so whatever you could find in those sizes would put a big smile on his face, if not he's running 18's at the moment.

Also, dude I think it is a really grand idea you have, top man... Also willing to offer my services any way I can. (car wise:p)

If its ok, I have one issue I think some money could be spend wisely, i'll PM to you anytime..

I also went out with him and have been there through all his cars, along with Gav and really think he does have talent and it showed driving the car for the first time and how comfortable he looked driving it!

Also think we should have a massive white mkiv owners club/AFR sticker across the black/purple/whatever colour bonnet!

I know he has been onto me about running 19's, running 9" front and 10" rears so whatever you could find in those sizes would put a big smile on his face, if not he's running 18's at the moment.

Also, dude I think it is a really grand idea you have, top man... Also willing to offer my services any way I can. (car wise:p)

If its ok, I have one issue I think some money could be spend wisely, i'll PM to you anytime..

I also went out with him and have been there through all his cars, along with Gav and really think he does have talent and it showed driving the car for the first time and how comfortable he looked driving it!

Also think we should have a massive white mkiv owners club/AFR sticker across the black/purple/whatever colour bonnet!

When the car runs well it will have AFR down the side. What with trying to build my car I cannot bankroll ash so its just buying some quality parts thats a problem, the labour we will gladly supply.