The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sorry I missed JapShow on Sunday

GetawayDriver

Sorry I didn't make it up on Sunday.

I had a club pass and was on my way to Santa Pod, when...

... i was caught, pretty much flat out in 6th. oops. Thats the lure of an empty M1 at 8am on a sunday morning.

I joined at junction 1 and firmly pressed the loud pedal, in every gear, up to the red line. I got pulled over about 3 Junctions later, i'd slowed down to 70mph because i know a spot where patrol cars hide, the officer was a bit flustered.

Apparently I pulled on the motorway and he was about 4 car lengths behind me. He watched me floor it and dissapear into the distance. He was suprised to learn it was actually my car and that i wasn't a car theif hell bent on escape upon seeing a police car.

luckily for me they only managed to clock me at 110mph as i was slowing down.

It was a fair cop, my own fault for not checking mirrors before engaging boost. Both coppers we're very nice about it, advised me to check behind me if i need to drive at that speed. Said what a nice car it was, but that i would need a licence to drive it.

Anyway, i'd much rather it happen this way than some camera sneakily doing away with my licence.

A summons is in the post and my licence is ready for the bin.

Anyone know a good solicitor/taxi firm?

sorry to hear that. must be gutted. pitty if you going to lose licence you could have got the record and been famous like that jap guy doing 196mph on a1

everything is against you with owning a fast car.

you could still use your car if you get someone to trailer it to events.