The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Widebody Kit need your help to find the perfect offset, experts needed pls, thanks

Batmax

Hi

As you know my supra have an custom widebodykit, and I have 30mm spacer on front and 55mm on rear with Blitz Z2 wheels 18x9 +45 front and 18x10 +45 rear, so with these values who can help me find the right offset of these wheel for I make the order, also if you are professional and you sell them you can also help thanks.

The wheels chosen after some time of indecision are the Work Varianza T1S, I think the 19" is the right size for these wheels, the 18" in these wheel should not so big and nice like the 19 what you think 18 or 19 ?

The sizes avaiable, don't know what disc I have to choose if A, O or R(my disk size is the original),

http://www.workwheelsusa.com/media/wheels/24/50/Varianza%20T1S_SPEC10A1.pdf

Hope you can help for finnaly get my decent offset into my supra, many thanks.

Work Varianza T1S :

http://www.d2autosport.com/wheels/works/varianzat1scolorchart.jpg

Silver

Black Chrome

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/5962/16tx7.jpg

Edited by Batmax (see edit history)

Guest adam b

19s for show but for doin what the supra was built for 17s but thay would look shit on a wide arch car i know i have one , so i went with 18s to keep some drive abilatiy .

it depands what your doin with the car 19s dont handle good ask eny track driver ,but thay look the mutts dropped on a wide arch kit

Hey depends if you want to go wider rim etc if you didn't,

fronts 18*9 +15 would be same as what you have now and for the rears 18*10 -10

But I would guess your going wider so the offsets not so low eg,front 18*10 +28 rears 18*12 +15 would work but you could go wider still etc this is just a example.

Hi

As you know my supra have an custom widebodykit, and I have 30mm spacer on front and 55mm on rear with Blitz Z2 wheels 18x9 +45 front and 18x10 +45 rear, so with these values who can help me find the right offset of these wheel for I make the order, also if you are professional and you sell them you can also help thanks.

Hi Nuno,

Does your current wheel set-up fit the arches well with the 30 & 55mm spacers fitted? The first value that we need to establish is just how much wider your Supra body is over a standard car.

In my case, the Top Secret body kit is 33mm wider either side at the front of the car and 50mm at the rear.

I would go for the same set-up as mine i.e. a 305/30/19 on the rear with 11J wheels - it fits a wide body kit very well. Any smaller wheels will make the car look rather silly IMO

19s for show but for doin what the supra was built for 17s but thay would look $#@! on a wide arch car i know i have one , so i went with 18s to keep some drive abilatiy .

it depands what your doin with the car 19s dont handle good ask eny track driver ,but thay look the mutts dropped on a wide arch kit

Sorry but i totally disagree, get the car set up properly and they aren't a problem, i have 19's on my car and done a few track days and the car handles very nicely.

Guest adam b
Hi Nuno,

Does your current wheel set-up fit the arches well with the 30 & 55mm spacers fitted? The first value that we need to establish is just how much wider your Supra body is over a standard car.

In my case, the Top Secret body kit is 33mm wider either side at the front of the car and 50mm at the rear.

I would go for the same set-up as mine i.e. a 305/30/19 on the rear with 11J wheels - it fits a wide body kit very well. Any smaller wheels will make the car look rather silly IMO

mine are 11j rears and fit perfect under my hand made rear arches when we tryed them thay look just right

take your wheel of and the spacers,,then put the wheel back on with no spacer then measure from the outside of wheel to the arch.

then get your wheels to fit that measurement with no spacers (spacers mess up the bushes and so on.. atb adam b

Guest adam b
Sorry but i totally disagree, get the car set up properly and they aren't a problem, i have 19's on my car and done a few track days and the car handles very nicely.

mate race cars wear 17s unless ther gt cars.

im not saying you carnt get a good setup with 19s but facts are facts;)

Not sure about the offset but 19s are the way forward buddy.

And that's 1 seriously stunning looking supra you've got there. Anymore pics. Sorry for the off topic.

Thanks, I will take more but not now :D

these are they wheels i'm buying. Awesome looking rim.

i think the size i'm going for is

9.5 +24

11+29

can is ask where your getting them from? I hope to order mine from MVP

First I need to get very clear the perfect offset to my supra, then I will buy, from who well it seems mvp is not the best price dealer, but is one of the trust best I know and that is very good to me ;).

Hi Nuno,

Yes, I guess I have to choose an positive offset to get more braking.

Thanks to all reply, the most sick is I just made around +- 1000-2000 km per year in my supra lol, but is a rare peace of jewelery I have in my garage no dough of that, in supraforums they already help me with these and it seems to be correct :

thanks to detuned:

"If your current wheels are a 9+45 and you're using a 30mm spacer, then that would make them a 9+15. If you want to run a 10" up front, then that would =

10+28,

10.5 +34

11 +40

These would make the outer clearance the same, not the inner, as that would make it have less clearance torwards the strut housing.

For your rears..

10 + 45 - 55mm spacer =10 -10

10.5 -4

11 +3

11.5 +9

12 +15

12.5 +22

13 +28

13.5 +34

14 +41"