The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Opinions on another Supra for Sale.

Samurai 20V

http://exchange.goo-net.com/usedcars/spread/700051067620100725001.html

Hi guys...

Come accross another potential Supra RZ, this one is going for 1.350mill yen, about 9800GBP..

It is a 1996 with 68000kms, the facelift spec,but non VVTi motor.

Reason I am looking for 1996 and below is because the import laws in South Africa dont allow anything newer, without alot of hassles..

Its got big brakes, exhaust, intercooler and dumpvalve which is good..

Engine bay needs a clean up and it needs a good polish, not a fan of the black front lip...Other than that it looks pretty clean, what do you guys think?

Thanks in advance, dont want to drive out to see it if there is something glaringly wrong..

Hi..

Just looked at these pics again, do you guys think this car has an upgraded intercooler? The pipe to the intake is changed, but the pipe from the turbos is stock? Can this be done on an aftermarket intercooler? I cant see anything past the front bumper so I am not sure???

:search:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s298/Rajeevjagath/0510676A20100725W00106.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s298/Rajeevjagath/0510676A20100725W00115.jpg

Edited by Samurai 20V
Links to pics added. (see edit history)

Pipe to the intake is different because he/she couldn't weld the dump valve to the standard rubber pipe.

I suspect the smic is standard or a stock replacement. Unless you're going single turbo the stock type ic is all you need, anything else is just bling. imo

Pipe to the intake is different because he/she couldn't weld the dump valve to the standard rubber pipe.

I suspect the smic is standard or a stock replacement. Unless you're going single turbo the stock type ic is all you need, anything else is just bling. imo

Hi Gambit.

My intention is to run the car at BPU power level.. With the upped boost do you feel the aftermarket IC is not required??

Think it looks like a nice tidy Supe. Alloys would need a refurb but thats it (and the shroom air filter would have to go too ;))

Gaz :)

Yeah, i'm pretty keen to go check it out...

Almost all the cars I have looked at here in Japan have damage to the rims, probably the narrow roads...

Thanks, will let you know how it turns out...

Guest niteryder

Hard pipe to TB is probably HKS or Greddy, they both make one with flanges. OS pipes look standard. The HKS green filter is rubbish. Get a standard air box. If there is no road salt used in Japan the stock FMIC could still be fine. Look for the left overs from sticky pads use to mount after market bits, cockpit shie , back to black tend to hide it. There is a sticky pad on the passenger side of the centre. We found several patches of glue when we cleaned my old mans mkiv when he got it, down the inside of the drivers seat

Edited by niteryder (see edit history)