The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GReddy Profec E-01 Boost Controller

osso

Yo guys, i might be looking to get a Boost Controller soon and i was originally looking at the Blitz SBC-ID VIII Boost Controller until Terry told me about the GReddy Profec E-01 which can be hooked up to eManage and even a WB sensor! It sounds like it has some nice features!

I went up to Sextons a few days ago to have Intellistart fitted ;) and while i was there i had a look at the GReddy Profec E-01 system installed in Matts soop! i was taken back by the size of this thing! it is pretty big and i have been trying to think of the best place to actually fit it..

I just came up with the idea of flush mounting it to the sun visor!! would this be easy to do? What are your opinions?

Yeh, I have one to mate. Might be a problem with the remote control wiring hanging down from the sun visor. Might be a bit dangerous looking up there when driving trying to see the info it gives you. I have mine mounted on the dash slightly to the left.

Originally posted by osso

I just came up with the idea of flush mounting it to the sun visor!! would this be easy to do? What are your opinions?

Mine isn't installed yet but I'd come to the same conclusion - I'm also interested in if the sun visor idea is possible? Top glovebox is also a possibility for me; could it be angled towards the driver's side sufficiently?

The reason why i like the sun visor idea is because everything is hidden.. I dont really like having all my toys out on display incase it attracts unwanted attention (theft)

I think the only problem with the Sun Visor idea is the cable length, the two cables that go to the display may have to be snipped and extended.. I've never had a boost controller before but surely its not the kinda thing you'd wanna be looking at all the time anyways.. who here actually constantly monitor their boost, egt, air/fuel ratio/ oil pressure, fuel pressure gauges, just to name a few, im sure there are loads more i've missed..

LOL, this is quite funny! - Do we all think the same?

We, (Mark and I), have been looking at the possibility of fitting it into the sunvisor. The remote isn't a problem, as we've already taken it to bits and the internal wiring is simple enough, so extending it isn't a problem at all.

My only concern, is the I think you're going to need to have the visor pretty much straight down to get a clear view.

If you drive with the seat on the lowest position, with average body length, this might not be a problem. I doubt a tall person will be able to see the road with the visor at that angle.

Work in progress... More to come soon.

Originally posted by Terry S

James did you speak to Matt??

Yep, i went to see him on Friday.. :thumbs:

It will interesting to see how you get on with the sun visor idea Matt!

As for the viewing restriction on the sun visor, how about making a custom swivel mount unit, which fits in the sun visor so you can mount the greddy display to it, so that the viewing angle can be adjusted slightly? does that make sense? :conf: