The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi folks from the Deen!

Guest Rick_1138

Guest Rick_1138

Hi all,

I was directed hre by a friend on the Detailing world forum.

Names Rick and i am 28.

Basically i am looking to change cars in the new year\late this year, i currently have a 98 Honda integra type R that i fully restored over a year and it has been great but its a bit raw and i fancy a change.

My candidates for change are Seat leon Cupra\FR with cupra styling MK1, VW corrado or a Supra.

I have been fans of all three cars for a while, having owned a corrado fro a bit before someone helped it into a scrapyard after rearending it :(

Came here looking for info on the ownership and experiences of having a supra, and to se if the horror stories of atrocious running costs are accurate, or if its simply gumpf put about.

Cheers all

Rick

welcome dude, the Supra is in its own league when it comes to a performance car, you'l never look back. My mate has a cupra, adn TBH its not the best, runs out of puff very quickly.

If you are worried about running costs then the Supra aint for you.

On a lighter note, another one from Aberdeen, all owners are on there way down to glas to meet myself and Liam, then were heading to Santa Pod for the wknd.

Guest Rick_1138

Running costs aren't a big worry, its more if its going to cost thousands to run as a daily runner, as many seem to have you believe, it will A break, or B be about to break.

Petrol, oil, plugs, belts etc are expected in any car and the Integra is a performance car in that it happily revs to 8500 rpm, and running it for a year it still purrs happily, i know this because i rebuilt the entire bottom end, all seals and pumps and valve stem seals, i could happily do this with a supra.

MPG i have been told anything from 15-30, so thats not too bad, i had a vr6 golf mk3 for a while and it was sitting about 20-28 so i am used to 3 ltr sixes, though a turbo is new territory (sp?).

i am mainly looking for a standard car, as i am an OEM fan, i likes them as they appeared from the factory, my only stipulation is a manual car, but i have been told from some owners that the Auto is actually a good one and not agricultural as same are etc.

Only thing i have been warned to look at living in the damp\freezing deen is a proper TC system, probably from Race Logic, dont know about costs to fit that or who could do it up here, also if the supra will be hopeless in any kind of frost\snow, and as we had 5 months of it last winter, i may need to get the mini restored and use it, so Supra would be main car until it gets back to usual freezing temps lol.

This weekend is my GF's, she lives in Inverness, so i am off that way and i have seen there are a few in the Ness on here in my lurkings.

Then a week off work to finish my kitchen! winner

Edited by Rick_1138 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

welcome bud

if you want to meet up with any of us aberdeen owners you can have a look around our cars and speak about the running costs and etc of the different models and auto and manual, im sure there will be a meet coming up soon, just keep your eye on the scottish section.