The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oil Cooler Fitting

Hoppy

Guys, i've just bought this Fluidyne 30 row oil cooler. It's rather large (280mm x 330mm x 55mm) and has AN12 inlet/outlet ports.

Gonna be using it along with a oil filter re-location kit.

Do any of the traders on here sell a decent set of oil cooler + filter relocation plates? including a thermostat.

I'm already sorted for lines and fittings.

Cheers

Steve

30 row ... wow.

Do you plan to do trips over to Africa :p:d

:lol: To be honest mate, i don't know if it's to big. I am planning to get this sitting behind the passenger side air channel on the front bumper, but will have to wait and see.

Where did you buy this cooler from? I may need something like this as an Auto terans cooler if i go the aluminium radiator route.

I had it off E-bay mate.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150475747150&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Bargain price too!! :)

:lol: To be honest mate, i don't know if it's to big. I am planning to get this sitting behind the passenger side air channel on the front bumper, but will have to wait and see.

I had a 25 row cooler in mind too .. but went for a Whifbitz 19 row in the end as he other one would probably have required some cutting on my TS front.

Cheers

Luc

I fitted a 19 row to my near side intake, and it was just a comfortable fit anything bigger would require the angle of the cooler to be too acute so loosing the benefit,

I found 19 row to be just about right for a big single setup, however for serious track use i would go a bit bigger, but i think 30 row is too big, it may over cool in the winter.

I fitted a 19 row to my near side intake, and it was just a comfortable fit anything bigger would require the angle of the cooler to be too acute so loosing the benefit,

I found 19 row to be just about right for a big single setup, however for serious track use i would go a bit bigger, but i think 30 row is too big, it may over cool in the winter.

Why would a 19row not suited for track use?

Bignum is running a 16 row on his single, and temps were always fine at the Ring during hot summer days.

Why would a 19row not suited for track use?

Bignum is running a 16 row on his single, and temps were always fine at the Ring during hot summer days.

Just my opinion, for road use mine was fine, Willem the guy who owns it now, has seen temps of 110-112 on spirited autobahn runs at 180MPH:innocent:, so for hard track use i would expect higher temps,

i would hazard a guess at the different temps being down to different engine tune setups, there are lots of variables, and no two cars will behave the same , don't forget that supply hose size also plays a part in the overall cooling ability of a cooler as does the opening temp of thermostat;)

Mate you arent gonna get it behind the side intake without major dramas and having it hanging on a mad angle- you need to make a bracket for it to sit in front of your radiator (which means rmeoving PS cooler line if you havent already).

Have a look at this thread - first pic you can clearly see my 30 row cooler...

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=213366

as for the lines I bought one of these kits (and was blown away by the quality to be honest- this is an integral pat of the engine and I wasnt intending scrimping- I was gonna bin it if it wasnt up to scratch but wow was I wrong)...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/19-ROW-ENGINE-OIL-COOLER-STAINLESS-LINE-RELOCATION-KIT-/160375517544?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories

but I remember when I was looking one of the sellers with similiar kits was selling the lines seperately... might be worth looking for-

something like this - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-UNIVERSAL-OIL-COOLANT-RELOCATION-LINE-ADAPTOR-KIT-/170521163845?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories

or you could buy this coz you will need the smaller cooler for power steering if you mount where I did coz the factory lines are in the way..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/9-ROW-ENGINE-OIL-COOLER-STAINLESS-LINE-RELOCATION-KIT-/150443759852?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories

Hope I helped a little anyway..

If you need more pics of the bracket I made to mount it just PM me- I just cut it out of some 6mm aluminium sheet and had a mate weld it..

Thanks for all the info mate.

I actually thought about fitting it between the rad + fmic, but i may just go with a 19 row cooler to save the hassle of moving the pas cooling line.

Did it effect you engine water temps, by putting that 30 row cooler in front of the rad? cheers

Nah it didnt effect engine temps at all- I fitted a 52mm alloy radiator at the same time though- and twin fans- plus I have a vented top secret style bonnet- but to be honest I dont think it would effect temps much if anything at all on a standard car.

Nah it didnt effect engine temps at all- I fitted a 52mm alloy radiator at the same time though- and twin fans- plus I have a vented top secret style bonnet- but to be honest I dont think it would effect temps much if anything at all on a standard car.