The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where to get paint from

jackso11

Hi all. I am thinking about trying my hand out at painting a panel of my car, probably wont happen as I never seem to have time these days and its easier to pay someone else to do it :)

however, if it does happen, where can I get hold of Toyota Astral black 2k paint?

I have painted motorbikes in the past with good results but never tried the bigger panels like car bonnets and anything car size really. Any tips on the clear coat would be welcomed as that where I always seem to end up with runs and have to flat it out.

Clear is a pain, start of with giving the panel a mist from 12" away, quickly and all over, next coat do the same but a bit close 8-10" so itll lay heavier, do another once thats dry, then lay it on thick

dont agree with your way of painting dude, you dont want a heavy last coat thats where your going to get runs.

clear over base. I have a mate in lincolnshire who has a spray shop he lends me when I want to paint my motorbike, thought I might have a go on the car starting with the bumper. If it goes wrong then I will just get it done professionally, I just like to try things myself :)

My mate paints cast iron radiators though so is no help getting car paint :)

clear over base. I have a mate in lincolnshire who has a spray shop he lends me when I want to paint my motorbike, thought I might have a go on the car starting with the bumper. If it goes wrong then I will just get it done professionally, I just like to try things myself :)

He just needs to phone any paint supplier and ask for Toyota 202 black in basecoat and also get some 2k thinners and some laquer and hardener.

I won't go into all the different types of thinners/hardeners etc..

Why would it stick out like a sore thumb? Its standard Toyota black and black is easy to match anyway. I have had my tailgate and roof resprayed and they don't stick out at all.

If it was another colour other than black I wouldn't give it a go.

i was saying sore thumb for those who want to try there hand at it themselves and own a red or silver for example... there is not just one shade in the black, if your doing the door for example it still could look darker to the front wings and rear quartre due to them being faded over the years.

just seen this lol good luck on the bumper