The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bit of an odd request, but mechanical ish Help at SupraPod

DodgyRog

I have had a couple of bolts snap, the one that holds the headlight in at the top and the one that secures the air intake funnel under the headlight.

I have drilled the headlight one and I was intending to run it to a local garage to see if they could re thread it for me, but I have run out of time as usual.

This is the favour part, don't suppose this is something someone could do for me at the Pod, as my headlights not exactly secure:blink:

Keron is bringing me down a spare bolt, so just require the threading bit.

I know it's a bit of an odd one, but if you don't ask;)

Sorry was watching the video on the mad or supposedly not mad swedish twins:blink:

So basically you need it chasing ya?

If that's what it's called, yeah:blink:

Will have a look when we are up there... will have a tools :)

Failing that, I have plenty of gaffer tape ;)

Thanks Gav,

I could manage the tape part though;)

A simple fix if you've not drilled too big a hole in the old bolt, you just need a metric tap and a tap wrench job done, i can bring these if required.

What size are the bolts M6 M8 or M10 ?

I havn't drilled the hole very big, hopefully

How big is the whole you want to tapp??

not sure on the size, it's about that ........big, 10mm head if that means anything

I havn't drilled the hole very big, hopefully

not sure on the size, it's about that ........big, 10mm head if that means anything

The hole needs drilling carefully in the centre of the bolt and to be just big enough to remove the main part of the bolt but leave the threads behind, the tapping drill size is 5mm for an M6 thread.

Sometimes you can pick out the bolt thread and it'll come out in a coil, then just run the M6 tap through just to make sure its clear of any of the thread from the bolt.

What size did you drill the hole and is it in the center on the bolt ?

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)