The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Indicators

fruity_south

Hi all. i have a slight problem. my original Tom's front bumper has been repaired and its just in for spraying. thing is when i got it home i wanted to see where i would put the number plate and indicators.

The indicators which where on the toms bumper origianaly are the standard complete orange units. i replaced these with the nice clear ones which have a little space for a side light in it as well.

the new ones i got dont seem to fit the toms bumper, they just dont seem to want to sit correctly on it.

what would people suggest? i was thinking about just getting some side repeaters and attaching them to the mesh some how. possibly the mx5 clear side repeaters.

Problem is now solved. the indicators i had which use to fit the blitz front bumper fine and in all honesty fit most fine will now be going up for sale. after discussing the issue of fitment with my body shop he pointed out that even if they could bolt up the curves of the bumper did not compliment the smooth edges of the lights. when i suggested using some mx5 side repeaters and sticking them to the mesh he thought it would just look like they had been stuck on and look out of place.

instead what i have just finnish doing is replacing the front fog lights with indicators. pretty easy just a bit of trimming on some spare side repeater holders i had kicking about and now all the lights are in one unit, which iwhen tested i must admit looks much cleaner.