The mkiv Supra Owners Club

newbi

Guest andy s2k

Guest andy s2k

hi my name's andy, i am searching for a supra prep a 6 speed manual but tbh i think there alittle out of my budget so here goes. iv got around £7000 to play with would prefer a twin turbo 6 speed manual,but if i could fine one i would go for a auto,is it possible to convert a supra tt auto to a manual using the 5 speed g/box out of another supra liek the N/A model , and if so how much power would that gearbox take as i'm sure 6 speed manual g/box's would be hard to find.

I'm not to fussed bout the cost to convert auto to manual, and what would i need parts wise. :)

Guest andy s2k

thanks guys i'm quite handy with a spanner or tweo as i'm a bike mechanic by trade , so i would prob have go myself but my thoughts where a 5 speed box would be alot easyier to get hold of than a 6 speed

Guest andy s2k
Welcome. :)

Contact Jurgen (JM Imports) .. he will be willing to help.

To be honest, I would not mess around with 5 speed gearbox. ;)

is he a user on here????

Guest andy s2k

as long as it bolts straight onto the engine i can sort the rest out but i want to run at the min 400bhp maybe more , iv just sold a honda s2000 with a mase turbo kit and that made just under 450whp in a car that weighs 1260kg so i know the supra isnt that light but i would love to make a bit of pony power in one got to keep up with my mates hes got a r32gtr 2.8 stroker running around 380 bhp but he has the turbos and cams with a good map to reach 500/600bhp

Welcome, the conversion can be done from auto to 5/6 speed manual, it is quite straight forward. The 5 speed box is not known to take much more power than bpu reliably 400/410 bhp, if you want power then a 6 speed box is what you need, they can take whatever you want to throw at them. They 6 speeds come up for sale on here occasionally but i am sure jurgen could get hold of one for you, be prepared to spend about £1500 on one though.

Good luck and welcome to the club

Guest andy s2k

ok so if i got a auto and kept it auto whats a big single turbo like to drive as an auto and also what model auto's came with a lsd diff so i know what to look for?? sorry about all the questions i just want to get it right, it a big power auto is pretty quick and get to say 100mph pretty fast id just live with it tbh

Their are some big power single turbo autos in this club, I have only ever been out in one as a passenger and I couldn't help laugh like a prat when it hit boost. The suit box is very tough, it can take a great deal of power, it also has a manual mode for the first 3 gears (their are 4 including overdrive). The LSD is a good question, I'm not sure, I'm sure someone will come along and let you know. My sup is my first auto and I love it, very smooth and responsive. Oh and the o-100 on a good single should be silly fast, try the search button, I'm sure all your answers will be in there somewhere.

Good luck picking a car and put up pics when you do!

Guest andy s2k

Well if the auto box can only take 400 bhp its prob worth going for a 5 speed manaul box to get me going whilest saving ome money for a 6 speed when one pops up

Wilkorangerover is running 470 on a T04R and its an auto. My BPU TT is running approx 410 but the single doesnt half hit you when you hit boost. Im happy at BPU power but a single in an auto does give you that little bit more. Either way BPU or small single will give you the big grin factor and is well quick enough for the street. I wouldnt go more than 470 on a standard auto box but as said coolers are a must

Guest andy s2k

so how mouch bhp could i put through a MK3 R154 gearbox (just wondering as ive seen a mk3 parked on somebody's drive for the last 5 or so yr's whilest on my way to work if its a manaul i might pop in and see if they way to part with it once iv found a car lol)