The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Satin Or Laquered headlight inserts?

SupraP-Z

Which Headlight Insert would you choose for a white supe?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which Headlight Insert would you choose for a white supe?

• Plain Satin Black
    • Gloss (Laquered) Black

Hey guys, im refurbing my passengers side headlight/s and have painted both inserts satin black. One i have laquered and it has come up a treat (shiny piano black) and the other one i have left satin.

Im not sure which one i should go with....If it helps, i have a white supe.

Which one would you choose?

Satin Finish?

Or Gloss Black (laquered) ?

Both Together:

PITA I know, but better judgement can only be made once fitted toi the car.

I'm doing this on a spare set at the mo, will be interesting to see what the gloss finish is like.

I'll let you be the guinea pig.............

Hehehe, i dont mind. The gloss finish looks and feels exactly like a shiny piano black...really does look the business, i personally think it may be a little ott for what it is though.... ill get pics up tomorrow of what they look like on the car :)

Thanks For your input guys, I think i most probably am going to bung the Satin ones in - the gloss looks like its still wet...very nice and shiney! but a bit ott for the supe me thinks...

Supraloopy - i did my drivers side headlight in matt black, i dont know what the hell happened but it doesnt look right, it looks good from a distance, and when you examine it close up it doesnt look finished. I used some hycote high temperature black paint the first time i did it, it looks extremely dead and dull. Hence i did the passengers side satin to see the difference, then went to the extreme to see what it would look like laquered. Maybe its just me lol

As Scott said, the satin has just enough shine :thumbs:

Satin look shit hot mate. Both look good tho, good job with them

thats a fine bit of painting there, definately satin. Its what toyota wanted :)

Gloss does look great, but I think it's because you've done such a good job painting them. I'd go for satin though I reckon.

Thank you for your kind words :) Rattle can all the way!