The mkiv Supra Owners Club

time for a change....

heckler

No, not selling the car... I've finally got round to making some PCB's for the dial clusters - its only taken me 24 months or so to finally get round to do it, supradibbs actually got the set that was going to go in my car! In the process, I've decided to change the entire dash colour from blue... to another - blue is soooo last year ;)

http://www.internetwork.org.uk/random/pcb.JPG

All I need now is my car to fit it too!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice mate :) would these have helped in my situation? Not that i'm not happy with mine, think they are stunning :)

Yup would have... but these PCB do work really well aftermarket dials...

like this, these are my Old Defi Style Dials, now on Ben-san® Car...http://www.internetwork.org.uk/random/pcb2.jpg

Only difference between the PCB's used in this one and mine, is colour and I've doubled the number of LED's

Edited by heckler (see edit history)

Well, while I wait for the car, I've decided to finally do a dash in which I can cycle through almost any colour you can think of, its also capable of been programmed so it can flash/fade/cycle different colours too... I should have the PCB's done tomorrow..

right...

when I get round to programming the microcontroller and connect this little circuit...

http://www.internetwork.org.uk/random/rgb1.JPG

To these PCB's (when finished Obviously...)

http://www.internetwork.org.uk/random/rgb2.JPG

I'll have dash lighting which can change colour :D

Edited by heckler (see edit history)

Looking good, you are an electrical genius!! I did try and solve the problem of darker patches in your gauge replacements by using different bulbs that scatter the light differently - I put a thread up somewhere - but this is brilliant.

Put me down for a set once you start making them, I'm guessing you could have different colours if needed (i.e. red LEDs for the redline and blue everywhere else etc)

Looking good, you are an electrical genius!! I did try and solve the problem of darker patches in your gauge replacements by using different bulbs that scatter the light differently - I put a thread up somewhere - but this is brilliant.

Put me down for a set once you start making them, I'm guessing you could have different colours if needed (i.e. red LEDs for the redline and blue everywhere else etc)

Or blue/green dials that turn red when it's time to change gear?

I already produce the PCB's for that, sold a few too, just taken me this long to get round to doing my car...