The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Video:Swedens fastest's 6-speed Supra's - Armin vs Björck @ Action Meet -Superior Syd

Guest superior_syd

Guest superior_syd

Hello everyone!

We would like to have the pleasure of sharing another video produced by us, this time highlighting Sweden's two fastest 6-speed Toyota Supras. These two guys are genuinely nice guys that race hard and put everything down the line just to beat their previous times. Whats different from typically very competitive owners of Supras is that they are extremely down to earth, and support each other all the time!

We spent only one day doing this little piece from an otherwise huge meet in Sweden called "Action Meet". More from that event soon, but we really wanted to show Armin and Peter doing their **** with this quick movie, telling a little storyline. Hope you like it!

Swedens fastest's 6-speed Supra's - Armin vs Björck @ Action Meet 2010 - Superior Syd on Vimeo

http://www.djfoto.se/bilder/superior/armin-bjorck.jpg

It would also be our pleasure if you cared to see our full movie from an insane meet here in Scandinavia called "Gatebil Mantorp". Words cant describe the madness that goes on with high powered tuning-cars, so please watch the movie and try NOT to give credit to us Nordic people that we are true nut-cases and love the whole scene here as much as anyone else.

Gatebil Sweden 2010 at Mantorp Park - Superior Syd on Vimeo

To view more videos from us and get a basic look (in Swedish though) of whats going on at the car-scene here; as seen through the eyes of Superior Imports - visit our website and check out the blog-section. http://www.superiorimports.se

Unbelievable!!.

That's it.......I'm moving to Sweden!. Those Gatebil videos are always awesome, it looks like the best JDM performance show in the world.

The third link to the longer video is stunning, lots and lots of effort clearly went into making it, stuff like the helicopter shot over the cars goes to show the level of professionalism you've gone too. Hats off to you, I'd love to be able to produce videos like that.

Question though, how do you do the slow side panning shots where the camera appears to roll smoothly along the floor?

The cars are good -very very good and the videos are fantastically shot and edited, with great music too. Excellent.

The third link to the longer video is stunning, lots and lots of effort clearly went into making it, stuff like the helicopter shot over the cars goes to show the level of professionalism you've gone too.

I suspect the camera (from 4m 14sec to 4min 20 sec) was on a crane, rather than a helicam thing - although it still a really cool shot.

Question though, how do you do the slow side panning shots where the camera appears to roll smoothly along the floor?

Google 'Camera dolly' it was probably on one of those.

Edited by Lbm (see edit history)

Guest superior_syd
Unbelievable!!.

That's it.......I'm moving to Sweden!. Those Gatebil videos are always awesome, it looks like the best JDM performance show in the world.

The third link to the longer video is stunning, lots and lots of effort clearly went into making it, stuff like the helicopter shot over the cars goes to show the level of professionalism you've gone too. Hats off to you, I'd love to be able to produce videos like that.

thanks..The gatebil events are awesome. The ones in Norway is even more crazy then the Swedish event.

Yes there is a clip from a radio-controlled helicopter on it. But i wasn't satisfied with the stuff he filmed. But he was a rookie driver. I will use him again when he got some practice done =).

The camera is sliding on my self made glidetrack. It's a simple thing and makes the clip more life and movement.

Guest superior_syd
Isn't that a Volvo in the other lane leaving the Supra in it's wake?

Looks like an old Volvo is the way forward :D

yes it's a volvo 142. roof chopped. It's makes around 1300hp i think. I think it has made som 8sec on the dragstrip before. But that was with a powerglide or someting. And it left the supra because he started before him. It isn't a competition so they don't have to start as fast as possible.

Edited by superior_syd (see edit history)

You swedes are all crazy:p I went to Florida about 18 years ago to watch the fastest street car round at Orlando, there were as many Swedish cars there as there were American, the Swedes had rented a huge workshop and air freighted all their cars out there (with the help of the Yanks), apparently the opposite also happened later in the year and the Yanks all travelled out to Sweden.

I was wondering wher to go on Holiday next year in the Motorhome............:innocent: Maybe I could just strap the car on the back and have a little visit:eyebrows:

Yes really great videos he posted online, in one of his videos he's cutting a chassis into pieces, i still wondering why he did that. Björcks busbil 2006 part 4_4 on you tube.

(Is he busy with the modifications to build an stronger chassis for drag racing?)

• 6 months later...