The mkiv Supra Owners Club

we buy any car

liam1

been thinking of selling the car due to lack of use, just been on the we buy any car site and submitted the cars details.

its a 93 n/a auto done around 90,000 miles over all condition is very good, bits i couldnt submit are new pads and 3g discs all round, uk spec bonnet, new glass headlights, blitz nur spec exhaust, boot build, gauges in the a pillar, reverse glo dial kit, 18" alloys with new tyres, they offered me £910 pounds dont think i will be selling it to them lol.

http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq58/123mustang2009/100_0589.jpg

http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq58/123mustang2009/100_0592.jpg

http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq58/123mustang2009/100_0595.jpg

http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq58/123mustang2009/100_0594.jpg

http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq58/123mustang2009/100_0593.jpg

Shouldn't really be much of a surprise, as they are a business which need to make money on your car.

Same thing when you go to a dealer & they offer you peanuts on a PX.

Lovely car though, put it up on here! :thumbs:

Yeah but there's peanuts and taking the pi$$.....:)

my sister was gonna sell her proton satria to them for 650.. which seemed fair.. until she went to meet them and they told her it was a write off and offered her 50 quid.. she then called me saying im stupid checking the car over for her and not spotting it was previously written off.. i told her i done the checks its never been in a bloody acident!! she said oh.. i was just about to let them have it as i thought it was worthless... i just said get in the car and drive away!!

On the flip side my mate was offered a silly amount of money for his Leon Cupra TDi. The going rate at the time seemed to be around the 5.5k selling mark. He tried the site and they came back with £6500. Of course he accepted it but as some have already said, once they got a look at the car the found some things wrong with it.... ridiculous things... and knocked the price down by £200. Obviously he still took it.

There seems to be a very very small %age of cars that are actually worth more to them. I reckon it must be a combination of age, model and stock. When you hit the fine line that they are looking for, they actually give you a good price.

Saying that, I haven't heard of anyone else having this luck.

It's a massive scam as far as I'm concerned ;)

If it is they aren't very clever about it. Surely if they wanted to scam people they would offer them reasonable money and then screw them under pressure at the viewing?

I believe it is a bit of a con. Much like trading in old PS3 games etc. You get bottom dollar offered and yet you see your own game on the shelf for twice what you got the next day.

Do they not sell on the cars with ridiculous finance schemes too? Through their "sister" company?

If it is they aren't very clever about it. Surely if they wanted to scam people they would offer them reasonable money and then screw them under pressure at the viewing?

I believe it is a bit of a con. Much like trading in old PS3 games etc. You get bottom dollar offered and yet you see your own game on the shelf for twice what you got the next day.

Do they not sell on the cars with ridiculous finance schemes too? Through their "sister" company?

More like you turn up at their site - which is miles from your house - and then their engineers find 'faults' with your car which don't necessarily even exist and offer you a much lower price. They rely on people being so put out travelling that far that they accept, no questions answered. It's a known scam, but not illegal unfortunately.

More like you turn up at their site - which is miles from your house - and then their engineers find 'faults' with your car which don't necessarily even exist and offer you a much lower price. They rely on people being so put out travelling that far that they accept, no questions answered. It's a known scam, but not illegal unfortunately.

Ahh, it doesn't work like that up here. They come to you.

The faults thing still happens though. My mate got pulled up for a couple of ridiculous things. Corrosion on the wheels, even though it was brake dust, etc.

Ahh, it doesn't work like that up here. They come to you.

The faults thing still happens though. My mate got pulled up for a couple of ridiculous things. Corrosion on the wheels, even though it was brake dust, etc.

Yeah I'm sure it varies, but that's the general idea. It's immoral, but allowed. I had the misfortune to have to write about it a few weeks ago. Not good :(

• 1 month later...
what do they do with all the cars they buy? you think they own "yes car credit" or a company like that to sell them all on for alot more?

Probably..!!

They don't usually make a massive money on the cars but the finance is the real money maker.

These guys seem to be coining it all ends up though.

H.