The mkiv Supra Owners Club

No Suprapod, Car's dead

hackin_n_bashin

I'm slightly miffed, to say the least.

Just checked the car over at a mates garage, and it looks like the front wheel is bent outwards and a small hairline crack has appeared in the middle of it.

Also the solid brake line is p*$$ing fluid from the union, and there is fluid all over the inside of the arch, and on the disc and pad.

Tried to check the tracking, and it's awful, can't track it at all, the front wheels are all over the place. It looks like it has pushed the lower wishbone rear adjuster back about 5mm, pushing the pin hard against the mount.

So, unless a miracle happens in 3 days, I won't be attending either the pod or japfest.

On the plus side, the bodywork quote is only £260, spraying most of the car!!

I'm off for a sob. A beer. Then a hunt for a new wheel!!!

Unlucky....:(

We had similar experience at JAE a couple of years ago. Supra failed the MOT two weeks before the show. Went and got a wishbone from Keron had 3 days in which to replace it and the garage couldn't get the old one off.

In the end they cut it out using a small grinder but the tools didn't arrive until the Friday and hence we missed the show....:(

Took the BMW down but it wasn't the same.

H.