The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thunder road

Guest crisisjez

Guest crisisjez

It will be a while before the Javelin Website goes live with Thunderoad.co.uk. and an official booking sheet so I'll give you all a little taster of whats in store by running through the day.

After sign on, scrutineering and the safety brief the 2 lane runs commence over the standing mile.

Each competitor will have until 12.00 to make a max of 5 runs.

Class winners will then be presented with a trophy during the awards ceremony which will begin immediately afterwards.

Then the fun starts:)

After lunch runs will continue on a single car run basis.

If you want to carry passengers you can line up at the start line and make a run over the mile.

Its also possible to drive different cars (please seek the owners permission before you do though:hehe:))

Speed readout for the mile will be displayed to the driver just after the mile marker.

For those who are looking for an extra few MPH you will line up about 1/4 mile from the startline and make your run from there. I think you'll go over the startline at about 90-100 mph which should help at the top end:)

Speed readout will be available after the trap.

Photo and video ops will present themselves from the startline as the "Max Thunder" runners pass by:)

These 2 formats will run all afternoon, until we have all had enough or Javelin say stop (1600ish)

Costs TBC but provisionally £129.00 Per car incl driver £65.00 per extra driver £10.00 per "pitcrew".

OCT 24th

[big][big]THE THUNDERS COMING[/big][/big]

Guest crisisjez
Sounds great mate.

So the run that starts 1/4 mile before the start line is just to see how fast you can go, not your standing mile terminal speed?

Are the rules the same this year regarding no screamer pipes?

Thats correct, for those who are close to a rollover number (198 say:eyebrows:) I think it would be nice to have the chance over a slightly longer diastace to be all they can.

Deffo no screamer pipes, this will be enforced as we don't want to loose the venue, its about the only one left in the country for this type of event.

No race fuel on site either, if its in the tanks thats so be it, but the insurance won't let us charge tanks.

You can still run the mile in the afternoon if you like, and its still recorded.

i went to one a while ago and it was great fun untill my rear caliper decided to come free and i had to limp home after leep replaced a bolt from my tow eye!

I like these improvements. especialy being able to see your speed after you cross the line.