The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Opinions on Supra for Sale..

Samurai 20V

http://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/detail/CU0005896833/index.html

Hi Guys....

I am still looking for a Supra, I am now in Japan so hoping to find one soon..

I have come across the one in the link above, what do you guys think?

Its going for 959000yen,about 6900 GBP. In ZAR (SA rands) its about R75000, which is a good price..

It needs a new set of rims, I dont like the current set, I am not a fan of the veilside fr bumper, but can live with it..It has intakes, blitz exhaust, turbo timer from what I can see..I would want to take it to BPU, maybe add a set of cams after that and call it a day for now..

I am a bit worried about the mileage, 111000kms is a bit high compared to some of the others I have seen. It has had the timing belt change.

How reliable is a Supra beyond 100000kms? Are there any major things that I should look at?

Engine wise 111,000km is nothing provided it has been regularly serviced. The area to check on higher mileage cars is the suspension, if components are worn they can be expensive to replace.

The front bumper and side skirts don't look a very good fit. It has the larger 4 pot brakes on the front which is a bonus - can't see what the rears are. The Advan AVS Model 5 wheels are very good quality and will have been expensive when new. The engine bay looks fairly clean and stock, has an HID headlight kit fitted.

Engine wise 111,000km is nothing provided it has been regularly serviced. The area to check on higher mileage cars is the suspension, if components are worn they can be expensive to replace.

The front bumper and side skirts don't look a very good fit. It has the larger 4 pot brakes on the front which is a bonus - can't see what the rears are. The Advan AVS Model 5 wheels are very good quality and will have been expensive when new. The engine bay looks fairly clean and stock, has an HID headlight kit fitted.

Thanks Nic.

I am considering taking a trip to go see it, will check out those things...I am not keen on the body kit, maybe I can change it...

The wheels are not my style..

There is a hole in one of the lower dash buttons, sign of something being removed. Agree with Nic front bumper fit is poor. Look for slightly different paint colour where the head lamps bolt in. Also check for milky coloured patches which are the result of creases in the wiring ducts, all signs of a front shunt. Not sure what the two red boxes just out side the front shock mounts, could be part of an expensive adjustable shock system.

Opps red boxes part of HID kit

Something odd looking about OS drivers foot well panel.

Piller gauge mount looks odd not fitted right.

Brake fluid low, probably thin pads not a difficult or expensive fix.

Disc show signs of little use lately and look heavily lipped.

Rust on exhaust look like a car that has been stood a while.

HKS Mushroom filter the worst.

Be very careful.

Edited by Terminator (see edit history)

There is a hole in one of the lower dash buttons, sign of something being removed. Agree with Nic front bumper fit is poor. Look for slightly different paint colour where the head lamps bolt in. Also check for milky coloured patches which are the result of creases in the wiring ducts, all signs of a front shunt. Not sure what the two red boxes just out side the front shock mounts, could be part of an expensive adjustable shock system.

Opps red boxes part of HID kit

Something odd looking about OS drivers foot well panel.

Piller gauge mount looks odd not fitted right.

Brake fluid low, probably thin pads not a difficult or expensive fix.

Disc show signs of little use lately and look heavily lipped.

Rust on exhaust look like a car that has been stood a while.

HKS Mushroom filter the worst.

Be very careful.

Wow, thats a good eye...Thanks, I think this one deserves a miss...