The mkiv Supra Owners Club

sub went pop again :(

supra steveo

what the hell :bang: ive only had the thing a week and on my way to pick up the UK brake calipers tonight it just went pop after about 10 secs of fairly loud music, at least the JL 12W0 lasted 3 yrs but this vibe one, even tho i thought it was louder only lasted 1 week :search: , do i take it back to halfords and ask for another one ?? halfords, yeah i know, but i had a 10 hr journey i wasnt going to listen to the front mids on there own :blush:

what the hell :bang: ive only had the thing a week and on my way to pick up the UK brake calipers tonight it just went pop after about 10 secs of fairly loud music, at least the JL 12W0 lasted 3 yrs but this vibe one, even tho i thought it was louder only lasted 1 week :search: , do i take it back to halfords and ask for another one ?? halfords, yeah i know, but i had a 10 hr journey i wasnt going to listen to the front mids on there own :blush:

Sounds like you have another issue there, or there is something wrong with your ears.

Take it back and get it swapped, they should do it.

Was it brand new Steve. If so you havecto run a sub in for I think off the top of my head 20hrs before you can wack it up.

Slowly increase the volume over the 20 hrs so the diaphram has time to stretch. Turn it straight up from new and there's a good chance it's gona pop.

No matter how bad the sub none should blow after a week. Vibe though would be a good brand of sub & should last untill you want to change it.

I would check your amp as already said. What power is your amp? Also what power is your sub? If your amp is under powered it can & will damage your subs.

if you need the music so loud it is blowing the subs, you need your ears syringed. You must have massive wax blockage
:D

Amp's can blow subs quite easily, were they spec against each other or did you just use the amp as it was the old one?

Was it brand new Steve. If so you havecto run a sub in for I think off the top of my head 20hrs before you can wack it up.

Slowly increase the volume over the 20 hrs so the diaphram has time to stretch. Turn it straight up from new and there's a good chance it's gona pop.

I agree, 20 hours is about the minimum and you should probs start from the amp, i.e. turning the power up from the amp slowly.

I think the other issue you had was Vibe, not the best subs, go for a JBL GTO (about £40 iirc), amazing sub as they actually made a better sub than they thought they had! These were louder and had a better sound than my JL 12w3v3 's!! Mind you I had a custom box made by vxincar for material cost (the owner was up and I know him very well)

I agree, 20 hours is about the minimum and you should probs start from the amp, i.e. turning the power up from the amp slowly.

I think the other issue you had was Vibe, not the best subs, go for a JBL GTO (about £40 iirc), amazing sub as they actually made a better sub than they thought they had! These were louder and had a better sound than my JL 12w3v3 's!! Mind you I had a custom box made by vxincar for material cost (the owner was up and I know him very well)

+1 brilliant subs for the money, as are the gt4's - demonstrated by VXInCar in a few youtube videos. They can really take a hammering!