The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nanolex'd the supra

marcAB10

Well, the car got a good detail a few weeks back but since suprapod is the end of the week thought we'd give it another polish up and apply some Nanolex. My mate olley is a detailer so always there to get the supra looking it's best... even though it really needs a full respray.. :p

http://www.nanolex.de/en

some blab from the site-

Nanolex nanotechnology sealants are hightech - long-term surface sealants for all painted (lacquered) surfaces - cars, motorcycles, boats, aeroplanes, motor homes, etc.

With this protection dust and light dirt will simply come off in rain. Insect remains are much easier to remove.

Various tests have shown that the sealant has very high durability lasting to 18 months if the car is washed by hand only (using pH-neutral shampoo).

Our nanotechnology sealants are not cleaning fluids or polishes, but a transparent microfilm, that attaches itself to the surface being sealed, making it smoother and so decreases the angle for materials that come into contact with it. The so-called Lotus-effect is thus achieved.

Surfaces sealed with Nanolex repel water, oil and dirt, have antistatic characteristics and protect against chemical and biological damage. Water, oil and dirt can be removed easily, but if the car is very dirty it can be cleaned with a high pressure hose and a microfiber cloth.

The coating is exceptionally long lasting - when applied in accordance with our guidelines the car is protected for 2+ years

it does seem like a really good product, brings out a great shine and it surprisingly really feels like it is coating the car as it's kind of sticky when you polish it off, leaving a smooth film in place.

anyhoo.. instead of the usual pics, i made a wee iphone4 vid on Imovie-

W1gfRvyry50

-marc-

not used any of that stuff , got to much as it is lol ,little tip , get another MF in you other hand when polishing , it makes it quicker and you dont have to worry about touching the car , if you see what i mean, also fold it a few times gives a flatter surface and and even polish removal

Edited by peter richards (see edit history)

not used any of that stuff , got to much as it is lol ,little tip , get another MF in you other hand when polishing , it makes it quicker and you dont have to worry about touching the car , if you see what i mean

thats my mate olley in the vid, i think he does usually does that but by this point his arms were aching lol :D

i'll remember the tip though :thumbs:

Yeah, the reason I'm asking is my wax does a similar job. Wasn't sure if this is in place of wax, or what?
From what I gather it seems to be a wax replacement, but hopefully the OP will be able to confirm. Too many bloody products :D

How does using this differ from using a decent wax? I'm rubbish at all this cleaning stuff :)

Nanolex is a sealant as opposed to a wax. I've not used this before either, but would like to at some point.

The thing with this type of product is yes it does have very good durability properties which some people will love, but others wont. I've always personally preferred a nice warm look that a wax gives, which you typically dont get from a sealant.

Some people also like nothing more than spending a few hours on a sunday waxing their car, with this type of product they will lose that factor as it simply isnt necassary. Some people also like trying new products, which again is a waste if you have applied Nanolex. But equally its also funny how some people purchase a wax with only durability in mind and there are some great waxes out there that can offer this (although i wouldnt say 18 months worth) yet will happily still be out there once a month reapplying the same product, because they enjoy it :)

Products like this also do not like working with other products, such as you would not apply this on top of a wax it must be very clean unprotected paintwork to bond correctly. Likewise you would not apply a wax on top of this as it would not last long at all due to poor bonding.

Still a great product though if it suits you, and they also offer great products for glass, plastics, metals etc

Guest olleyjp
Nanolex is a sealant as opposed to a wax. I've not used this before either, but would like to at some point.

The thing with this type of product is yes it does have very good durability properties which some people will love, but others wont. I've always personally preferred a nice warm look that a wax gives, which you typically dont get from a sealant.

Some people also like nothing more than spending a few hours on a sunday waxing their car, with this type of product they will lose that factor as it simply isnt necassary. Some people also like trying new products, which again is a waste if you have applied Nanolex. But equally its also funny how some people purchase a wax with only durability in mind and there are some great waxes out there that can offer this (although i wouldnt say 18 months worth) yet will happily still be out there once a month reapplying the same product, because they enjoy it :)

Products like this also do not like working with other products, such as you would not apply this on top of a wax it must be very clean unprotected paintwork to bond correctly. Likewise you would not apply a wax on top of this as it would not last long at all due to poor bonding.

Still a great product though if it suits you, and they also offer great products for glass, plastics, metals etc

Definately agree! It was more put on just to keep the car clean and make it easier to clean for suprapod at the weekend.

Nanolex is a product i offer to people who want the car looking good but dont have the time to give it a proper wash. I have tried it on top of a wax and it bonded pretty well giving a good coating but keeping a good shine.

At the end of the day im with you haha, much rather layering on the coats of wax and getting the deep wet look!

Oh, the glass stuff works great on shower's if anyone wants to be lazy and save having to clean a glass shower haha! :D