The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Im Going Single In more ways than one!

wallis

I think my wife may leave me after this lot but after a few bad weeks with the car I have decided to go single :)

I’m getting two second hand tubbies fitted next week to get the car moving again as a temp measure, then hopefully when I get all the parts sourced in the next month or so I’m going for it;)

I’m quite excited as its being done at Corten Millers and this is going to be there first single supra they have ever done including the mapping so I guess it’s going to be pretty special for everyone involved.

I’ve been well impressed with their knowledge and enthusiasm so far and after their front page article in banzai mag the other month I’m buzzing about the thought of these guys doing my single conversion!

I think I have got everything covered but please do tell me if I have missed anything out, I also wanted to know if u can use the stock fuel rail for 650cc injectors or should I change it?

Here’s my list so far:

HKS T04R T4 Turbo (up to 600BHP 35psi)

T4 Turbo Flanged SS T-304 manifold with 50mm Wastgate

New ECU mapped by Corten Millers

Apexi AVC-R Boost controller

Apexi EGT Gauge

650cc Injectors

High flow Fuel Rail ?

Front mount cooler

New Fuel Pump

New gearbox cooler

Oil/aux lines for new turbo

BOV & Induction Kit.

I’ve got everything apart from the injectors, Fuel rail, fuel pump & auto gear box cooler so any advise on this lot would be great guys plus if I’ve missed anything off the list.

What power are you looking to run? You might be at the limit of the gearbox even with coolers.

You will definitely want an AFR gauge.

You're a brave man getting something like a single fitted and setup by people who haven't done it before. Best of luck to you :)

What ECU are you going for Matt? Exhaust sytem, size and style, downpipe, V band or bolted, bigger rad...

ECU wise CM's are sorting out, its not going to be cheap but they said they will find away, i dont know what ecu they will go for at the moment its in their hands.

Exhaust wise im fine i have a 3.5 inch straight through fitted now, downpipe i guess needs to fit my existing system so i think thats going to be down to CM's also to sort....lol

Ive just bought a stainless Steel rad from japan which i hope will do the trick craig cooling wise?

What power are you looking to run? You might be at the limit of the gearbox even with coolers.

You will definitely want an AFR gauge.

You're a brave man getting something like a single fitted and setup by people who haven't done it before. Best of luck to you :)

ill be happy with 500bhp im not power crazy!

AFR gauge is already fitted with oil temp & boost bud,

Im kool with these guys doing the work they know there stuff, just because its a supra and they havnt done one before doesnt mean they dont know what there doing, everyone keeps telling me how simple going single is compared to the twins setup.

Here’s my list so far:

HKS T04R T4 Turbo (up to 600BHP 35psi)

T4 Turbo Flanged SS T-304 manifold with 50mm Wastgate

New ECU mapped by Corten Millers

Apexi AVC-R Boost controller

Apexi EGT Gauge

650cc Injectors

High flow Fuel Rail ?

Front mount cooler

New Fuel Pump

New gearbox cooler

Oil/aux lines for new turbo

BOV & Induction Kit.

Better to buy a full kit, everything will fit together perfect that way, buying bits here and there can work out to be a right pita to get together, costly if you need lots of fabrication.

Why T04r? thats an old turbo now, much better out there.

Stock fuel rail and FPR/lines are fine at the power you want, they are good for an easy 700bhp, just get some bigger cc drop in injectors, try and go for high imp, that way you wont need the agro or mess of having a resistor pack.

If they are good mechanics you should be ok, its not hard to bolt a kit on, mapping on the other hand i would go with tried and tested, Ryan.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

U can use 650cc or 800cc drop ins with the stock rail.

As above you're brave to be their first ever single customer so hope i works out well.

Gearbox coolers give Lee P a pm he does good ones and only around £100 each.

If you have jspec brakes they'll need upgrading mate.

Also need a decent oil cooler.

Gearbox temp gauge is handy

Better to buy a full kit, everything will fit together perfect that way, buying bits here and there can work out to be a right pita to get together, costly if you need lots of fabrication.

Why T04r? thats an old turbo now, much better out there.

Stock fuel rail and FPR/lines are fine at the power you want, they are good for an easy 700bhp, just get some bigger cc drop in injectors, try and go for high imp, that way you wont need the agro or mess of having a resistor pack.

If they are good mechanics you should be ok, its not hard to bolt a kit on, mapping on the other hand i would go with tried and tested, Ryan.

thx for the advise mate spot on, im glad thats cleared up the fuel rail and injector side of things, so 650's will be fine to drop straight in and just change to a bigger fuel pump.

Turbo wise its just because the price is right and ive read up there really solid and reliable, the kits are great but u pay through the nose for them, making it up yourself makes it abit more interesting to do, different i guess exciting!

Ive got to ask what turbo would u go for mr P out of interest?

Also i dont want to change my auto box/clutch so im only looking for 500-550bhp im not wanting to go crazy i do have a budget....lol

U can use 650cc or 800cc drop ins with the stock rail.

As above you're brave to be their first ever single customer so hope i works out well.

Gearbox coolers give Lee P a pm he does good ones and only around £100 each.

If you have jspec brakes they'll need upgrading mate.

Also need a decent oil cooler.

Gearbox temp gauge is handy

cheers for the info on the gearbox cooler kit mate ill get one ordered ;)

Yeah brakes will be on the next list of things todo before next summer for sure.

thx for the advise mate spot on, im glad thats cleared up the fuel rail and injector side of things, so 650's will be fine to drop straight in and just change to a bigger fuel pump.

Turbo wise its just because the price is right and ive read up there really solid and reliable, the kits are great but u pay through the nose for them, making it up yourself makes it abit more interesting to do, different i guess exciting!

Ive got to ask what turbo would u go for mr P out of interest?

Also i dont want to change my auto box/clutch so im only looking for 500-550bhp im not wanting to go crazy i do have a budget....lol

For the power you want i would go precision billet 6262 on a .81 ar.

Drop dan1985 a pm' date=' he's got a precision 6262 for sale, he got it from dude, brand spanking new[/quote']

i saw he bought it for £900 a while ago from dude, im just looking but u can get it in the US for £550 + p&p unless im reading it wrong....lol

Ill tap dan up, i see he's not had allot of offeres on it yet.

For the power you want i would go precision billet 6262 on a .81 ar.

Spot on JP thats what I was just going to reccomend, T04 will be horrible on an auto, also decent management to get some spool into it, madness not know what ecu etc is going on, if you don't like it will the garage refund your money????

i saw he bought it for £900 a while ago from dude, im just looking but u can get it in the US for £550 + p&p unless im reading it wrong....lol

Ill tap dan up, i see he's not had allot of offeres on it yet.

Thats not a DBB, he actually bought it from a customer of mine, just that I had it!!!

PM if you want a price on an air cooled DBB 6262, ask Miko Supra what they go like;)

Spot on JP thats what I was just going to reccomend, T04 will be horrible on an auto, also decent management to get some spool into it, madness not know what ecu etc is going on, if you don't like it will the garage refund your money????

Hey dude, thx for the input mate i understand u think i might be mad about not knowing what management im going to be using yet but i only decided today to go single and will find out hopefully what they can offer me by the end of this week.

Maybe im just over excited and might have to have a re-think but im going to give these guys a chance, everyone starts some where there one of the countrys top evo and scooby tuners so they do know there stuff.

I ran a TO4R on an Auto Supra, was at 550bhp, it destroyed the Auto box just FYI, its an old turbo now compared to the new stuff

You would be wise to spend your hard earned money with a garage that has done the single conversion many times not one that is about to learn the process, the Auto box needs a very special set up as not all ECU's support this well

Please take a step back, ask more questions and do the job once and do it right and you will be a happy man :)