The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Painting my drag wheels for pod.

Guigsy

Decided my silver wheels were a bit boring. I wasnt sure what colour to go with. i have had mat black before and they were too dark for my car (storm blue) i almost went with flourescent pink for lolz but decided on something a bit more sensible and wondered what you thaught so far.

Sanded them down quickly, couple of coats of white plasticoat gloss paint. then decided to do the rim in red metalic plasticoat paint (pot so did it by hand)

The red needs another coat and some finishing touches to clean up rough edges. but i like it. :)

Im also going to do the toyota symbol on the hub caps in red but i dont have a small enough brush :p

Then after all that is done i have a pearl effect clear coat to apply which ive tested and gives a nice shean on everything.

Heres a quick phone snap, bit blury and hides some of the areas that still need some work :p but you get the idea.

attachment.php?attachmentid=114920&stc=1&d=1281217676

38692_10150224195380654_796820653_13842393_7862254_n.jpg

Finished up today. decided to repeat the white and do the red again.

Thanks to evinX for the tip to use electrical tape so it goes arround corners better :)

This is with the pearl coat on. It looks a bit yellow in real life imo. Its hard to get on the photos but here are some quick ones off my phone.

The other wheel is just white at the moment so not much to see there :p

attachment.php?attachmentid=115038&stc=1&d=1281448762

attachment.php?attachmentid=115039&stc=1&d=1281448762

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg