The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Octane boosters suppliers

jevansio

Just wondering where everyone gets their octance boosters from (Xylene/Toluene etc).

25l is £73 + VAT here http://www.reagent.co.uk/acatalog/TOLUENE_TECH.html

This place also sell 4 x 1 Gallon (18 litres) for £46 + VAT

http://www.coleparmer.co.uk/catalog/product_view.asp?sku=4880030&pfx=

But it says upto 14 days delivery

I obviously want it for the pod so would like a speedy delivery next week

I take it you have to run a different map to run this stuff...?

Nope, not necessarily, you can if you want to take full advantage, but if you're putting your car through a hard day (SupraPod) and just want a bit extra detonation protection you can just put it in the tank

It's a bit like having your car mapped on unleaded, then putting Super in if you're giving it a hard day for extra piece of mind

Jay, if you want some of that Power Pour let me know. I only live around 20 minutes from Websters so can pop over and then bring it to pod next week ;)

Many thanks Steve, I think I'm actually going to try the Xylene stuff first, I've been told it's pretty harsh stuff but I like to find out for myself :D, hell if it is that bad I'll just drink it :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250665931286

This is the stuff I use Jay, they are quick with delivery as well. :)

Cheers Lee, I'm going to try the Xylene first,

I have a local supplier which I will try in the morn, if he fails I'll be ordering that ready for the weekend

Many thanks Steve, I think I'm actually going to try the Xylene stuff first, I've been told it's pretty harsh stuff but I like to find out for myself :D, hell if it is that bad I'll just drink it :D

That reminds me of the ethanol experiments we did at school, and I got dared to drink it. Bit of coke, mostly ethonal was probably 3/4...BOY did I have a headache afterwards, apparently I was a little rat-arsed :)

People who has mixed Xylene or Toluene with petrol before, did you see any gains? If so how much? Or is it just a det preventor?

Lots of gains to be had, made a huge difference to Lee's setup but as said its very nasty stuff, i cant go near it, one wiff and im done for.

Yeah its evil stuff, dont get it on the paintwork or yourself.

If your not mapping for it just use a 10%mix but if your going the map for it you can use upto 30% mix.

I premix it then pump it in to the tank to avoid spilling it down the side of the car, just make sure you do it outside :)