The mkiv Supra Owners Club

engine swap from 2jz-ge to gte

Guest chris'urx

Guest chris'urx

i have not long had my supra and this one came roud at just the right time i found it sitting in a shed in dry store and it only cost me 1,500 and am looking at doing a engine and gear box swap from na to big ass turbo and auto to man any advice

thanks Chris

its all the hassle though mate, and engine swaps never seem to go smoothly theres alot to change, im sure someone with more knowledge in supras than me will help soon i think you could get a good tt for the money you'd have after selling the two, what gearbox is it?

Guest chris'urx

the car has been in the country 4 years and only done 90,000 km 140 of witch are in this country and she is all mint apart from a crack in the bumper no rust no damage and i have some one to help me with the change just wanted to know if anyone eather had parts or any think i should look out for

If you check out the Tec Ref section of the forum there are some really good threads in there that may answer a lot of your question. There is even a how to swap boxes.

It really depends on what you want to achieve, if you just want to own a 6 speed daily driver then just buy one. However if you want a car you can treasure and really feel proud of then build one. The process is not with out its headaches and it takes time to do properly. While you are doing it you may want to add a single turbo etc. So you end up with a very different sort of car. Unless you want to get sucked into a money pit, set a budget and stick to it.

. The 5 speed box is not really strong enough fora decent single. It would end up being the weakest point of the car.

In the case of the W58 5-speed this is true, but I think the R154 is good for 700hp and about 550-600ft/lbs torque.

Someone correct me if the figures are a bit out.

Edit = ^ Beaten to it:d

Edited by ilicos (see edit history)