The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What wax to use

Guest blueangel

Guest blueangel

Ive almost finished the paintwork on my car now and after flatting with 800 then 1200 then 1500 then 2000 then using the mop with high cut then fine cut then swirl remover the paint is like glass but what wax is recomended to keep it this way please.

Im leaning towards Dodo juice supernatural dont know why i think i just love the name lol what do you guys use.

^^^ Nice! :)

Is it ok to wax a freshly painted car straight after flatting and polishing? I thought there was some talk about leaving it to cure properly first? Or is that a myth?

I'd let your paint cure for a week or two before doing any kind of paint treatment, but I'm no pro. Wax is there to protect the paint, but I suppose with new paint it depends how you apply it and you could damage the new spray job if you did it wrong.

Polishing fresh paint is fine. Waxing or applying sealants, i would advise you to wait a little longer until it has fully cured.

To be perfectly honest a lot of people wouldnt tell the difference between certain waxes. But, some will offer different levels of protection and looks to the other. Ones that i would recommend to you that wont break the bank

Victoria Concourse - great for darker colours and creates a nice deep look especially when layered

Supernatural - great for reflections

Swissvax Best of Show - one of my fav's

Swissvax Glacier - especially designed for white cars, it also has a high dirt repelant to minimise the effects of black run marks common on white vehicles

Collinite 476s - if you want something that has fantastic durability

Dodo Juice Light fantastic (soft wax) or Dodo Juice Diamond White (hard wax) - desigend for light coloured paint

There are plenty more out there, but they are a few recommended ones that are nice to use and most well priced. Best of show being the most expensive at around £140, Supernatural under £100 and the rest around £20 - £30

Edited by Stonkin (see edit history)

Guest blueangel

cheers guys well on that i think i'll go for the supernatural as you guys know its a pearl white car, it was painted weeks ago so the paint should be well cured now.