The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hiya, Looking for the right one ;)

Guest Nyrad

Guest Nyrad

Hi all,

As stated im looking for the right one for me, id be happy with a lateish manual or a tiptronic TT, just outside colchester and ready to buy when the right one turns up ;) would love black or gunmetal, maybe even white at a push, just not red (no im not a red hater just seems to make people drive angry and i dont wanna :) ) I dont mind buying modified as long as its not too far gone, would rather make it my own!

Ive been looking on pistonheads, autotrader, here and also does anyone know much about them? ie how reputable they are etc?

So i guess thats about it, hello all and thankyou for any possible help/guidance in advance

Guest Nyrad

Does jurgen usually have a bit of a wait when he gets them shipped? There is a nice black one for sale in devon from a member off here but thats a bit far to go really for me :(

I have removed the link from your post as that company has threatened legal action against the forum. The reason is explained here: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=208654

BTW, welcome to the forum, there are plenty of nice examples around at the moment so you have plenty to choose from. Don't forget to check the For Sale section here.

Be prepared to travel for the right one!

ITBFL..!!

Go to Jurgen if you want a straight car....;) Or buy off a member on here.

I think I've said enough there....;)

H.

Don't you mean, IBTFL? :D

Loads of cars on sale here, good ones too.

Do you have a budget in mind?

Guest Nyrad

Oh apologies about the company in question, i had no idea about that, as far as budget goes about 10k is my limit, insurance will set me back a whopping 480 or so for a nice mildly modded TT but worth it :)

Does jurgen usually have a bit of a wait when he gets them shipped? There is a nice black one for sale in devon from a member off here but thats a bit far to go really for me :(
That is round the corner from you! I went all the way to Leeds just to have a look at a car that sounded fairly now! They are more & more rare so be prepared to travel for the right one. Actually I nearly went to Ireland to buy one until I changed my mind and brought mine from Coventry.

Apparently Jurgen is the man to speak to about imports :)

For a fresh import for sure. There's many other already imported cars available though, Pistonheads, autotrader and here are good places to start a search. Just buy with caution and obviously ask here before you go to look at a car, many will be known to members of the club.

Guest Nyrad

Thats the kind of heads up I would find invaluable thankyou :) To be honest I would prefer to buy from a member as at least they would have looked after it well as will I.

Hi there,

Welcome to the Club.

I bought a 97 JSpec TT in March of this year and couldn't be happier with my car. It has never given me trouble in any shape or form whatsoever. I would highly recommend you buy one from a Member on this Forum.

That's just my opinion. Regardless of what you end up buying, you won't regret it.

Best of luck.

Oh apologies about the company in question, i had no idea about that, as far as budget goes about 10k is my limit, insurance will set me back a whopping 480 or so for a nice mildly modded TT but worth it :)

I wish mine was 480, even after 3 years of Supra ownership I'm still in four figures :(

Oh and 10k will get you a nice manual facelift TT:)