The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recomend me some good tyres?

a98pmalcolm

Hay all. Im goin to me changing my tyres in a few months so i will be after an upgrade from my budget tyres...

My fronts are:235-45-R17 97W

My rears are: 245- 45-R17 95W

I will want to keep the same sizes but a higher speed rating would be better TBH..

So what are your thoughts?

I'd look at Toyo T1-R. Very impressed with mine so far. They did 6000 miles of mainly sideways driving. I'd have the F1s, but they're impossible to find in the right sizes.

I'm running 235 up front and 265 at the back though... yours look a little bit too close together IMO

Toyo T1Rs all the way, my newest setup (when the rears arrive some time tomorrow) will be 245/40/18 on a 9J on the front and 285/35/18 on a 10J on the rear

what size rims do you have on at the moment ?

http://www.camskill.co.uk or http://www.tyrexpress.com

dont use mytyres you will be waiting forever for them to come for germany camskill do nextday delivery too

235s

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m54b0s312p1708

245s

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m54b0s313p1715

Edited by supra steveo (see edit history)

Hasn't this topic been done to death without having to open yet another thread up? Essentially though rubber bands from the stationary cupboard would be better than "hero" tyres. Be expecting to put your hand in your pocket for non-ditch finders though.

Pritty much yeah , but if someone doesn't know where to buy from then they may need a little help to make a decision

I have F1 Assymetric on my rears and they are excellent. i went with them because they got top ranking on the various tyre tests in 2008.

Just looked at the 2010 tests and they all have the F1s at mid table this time. I guess the competition has moved on.:rolleyes:

Most of the reviews now rate the Continental SportContact 5P as the best. Not sure how much they are?

Hasn't this topic been done to death without having to open yet another thread up? Essentially though rubber bands from the stationary cupboard would be better than "hero" tyres. Be expecting to put your hand in your pocket for non-ditch finders though.

i understand were your coming from but i started a new thread because the tyre size i use... people have different sizes so i wanted to know peoples opions not only for what supra ownwers prefered brands are but what size will be best on my wheels.... rather than searching around looks at recomenations for 18" wheels or stock rims ect.... by opening a new thread will make things more clear for whats best than bringin up an old thread were people arnt really goin to pay much attention except for the 1st few posts...

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)

As I said, how wide are your rears? Looking at your pics the 245s do look right. But the width of wheel will determin how wide you can go. If you can get upto 255 that would be good.

says on the begining post bud

Yer im deffo thinking with the Toyo's 255's for that extra grip on the rear

Essentially though rubber bands from the stationary cupboard would be better than "hero" tyres. Be expecting to put your hand in your pocket for non-ditch finders though.

They have done me well for the year ;) but this is the reason im changing them, with all the performance parts if done everymonth, after ryan G is done im hoping the creep over 430BHP so good tyres will be a must!!!

says on the begining post bud

Yer im deffo thinking with the Toyo's 255's for that extra grip on the rear

Sorry I meant the wheel not the tyre. For example you dont want to go puting a 265 wide tyre on an 8" wide wheel :)

Edited by hoff (see edit history)

Falcon 452's will do the job a treat without breaking the bank, Just fitted a pair to the rear of my wifes Supe and have them all round on mine. They are perfect for fast road and occasional track use and last a reasonable time.