The mkiv Supra Owners Club

pic request

Bailey.

hey, i am thinking about fitting coilovers/springs too lower my tt, but as i have just fitted a newly refurbed set of matt black uk 17s, and have oem skirts and spats, i am concerned how low it will, be??? doesnt have to be on uk 17's but any 17 inch wheels! thanks, if not i may change my uks for some 18's but dont really want too as the uks owe me £700 with tyres!!!

and do you guys have any issues with damage or scraping your kit on the floor/bumps?? im over the days of repairing bodykits

That's why my car now has a stock bumper mate. My Do Luck was a nightmare at this ride height. I had it fixed three times and then thought sod it and bought a proper bumper.

My exhaust catches on the biggest speedbumps, but other than that my car is pretty usable.

no its was rite underneath the front bumper.. but it was teh scraping on full lock that did my head in! Gaz6002 is on 18's so his wheels will be a lil more in the arch than mine as i have 17's it will be lower slightly so my shocks are raised a lil more

My exhaust catches on the biggest speedbumps, but other than that my car is pretty usable.

I have the same issue but very rarely. If i know its goin to scrape i take it veryyyy slowerly and im usaly fine!

gaz how do you find the ride on the billies and lowering springs???

It works for me :)

Not as forgiving as a stock Supra, but the car feels a lot more responsive through corners with a small drop in ride height. Make sure you get the geometry adjusted once you've altered the suspension though, or you'll go through tyres like an F1 car :D

hi mate,

heres a pic of mine, should give you a good idea, as i have the spats/skirts same as you,

heres a pic of mine when on UK wheels:

http://cdn.images.pistonheads.com/aimg/1438/1438341-2.jpg

http://cdn.images.pistonheads.com/aimg/1438/1438341-5.jpg

and on aftermarket 17s.

car is on yellow bilstein shocks (are these standard/optional extra?)

and also on unknown springs. the back is lower on mine which ive just noticed today looks shit

thats a pic i was looking for, i could'nt find it, when u had your wheels for sale i remember seeing the first pics, thanks for that, o also how do u find the ride on lowering springs???

yea it feels very comfortable, if the front of the car was as low as the back id say they are exelant, its just the ride height that lets mine down.

i would only really go for coilovers if you are very particular on the height you want.

or if your puting the car on the track etc

i already have grooved disks and chris wilson pads all round, so really not a huge improvement??

Nope, not unless your car spends every second on the track. For the road the UK brakes are more than adequate, if not more. I paid a premium and bought some Endless CCR pads, and didn't even get brake fade around the 'Ring. Believe me, I wasn't taking it easy ;)