The mkiv Supra Owners Club

One stop shop needed

Guest Suprastar2009

Guest Suprastar2009

Hi Guys I need a few things doing on the Supra and wondered if anyone knows of anywere that can do the whole lot in one go and what sort of cost?

Jobs are as follows:

Check rear brake callipers for sticking and potential disc and pad change.

Fit Hydraulic handbrake

Fit navigator foot well

Change standard power steering resevoir for chrome one

Change header tank to chrome version and change pipes to red ones supplied.

Fit Carbon Aerocatches to carbon fibre bonnet.

Note all parts will be supplied apart from power steering fluid and rad fluid

Guest Suprastar2009

Its a lockable type that holds the car, and im only asking for a cost to fit, dont panic guys. The reason is im getting one free from a new sponsor along with the navigator foot rest and header tank, I dont have to fit it I was just considering it.

Guest Suprastar2009
They don't pass mot's, you have to have a hand brake tha tholds it self.

Youve got my head ticking over now, would it still fail the MOT if it is lockable? :search:

Youve got my head ticking over now, would it still fail the MOT if it is lockable? :search:

I dont think a hydraulic brake will pass the MOT but I will go round and check in the morning, it MAY be ok if the fluid reservoir is seperate to main fluid reservoir

Guest Suprastar2009
I dont think a hydraulic brake will pass the MOT but I will go round and check in the morning, it MAY be ok if the fluid reservoir is seperate to main fluid reservoir

Hi yeh it has a seperate .700 master cylinder in the kit this can be changed thought to either .625 or .750 I will call you in the morning to discuss. :)

Guest Suprastar2009

The hydraulic system uses most of the parts from the origional system already in the car would this count as mechanical back up? I assumed that the separate master cylinder means that it has back up fromnthe standard one which is used in conjunction

I have no idea, I see them on rally cars, but they either have a separate parking brake by cable system, or they don't worry about most of the construction and use regulations, or whatever they are called this week :) You would need to phone one of the government bodies and ask giving specifics. Good luck, unnecessarily talking to government bodies is something I have spent the last 40 years trying to avoid ;)