The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wire under passenger seat

jackso11

Couple of weeks back I had my interior out and had a good clean under the carpet. Got rid of the stock amp loom as the amp has long gone so was a bit pointless having the loom still there.

Now last week I had a look under the passenger seat to collect change and stuff that had fallen under there and found one wire left, a small 2 pin plug coming from under the carpet. 'How did I meiss this' I thought, thinking it must have been something going to the original amp. Then I noticed the seat has a little plug on it....plugged in the connector....perfect.

So, the wire is plugged in to the seat....but what does it do? the seat is not electric and as far as I know its not heated! hmm...

Couple of weeks back I had my interior out and had a good clean under the carpet. Got rid of the stock amp loom as the amp has long gone so was a bit pointless having the loom still there.

Now last week I had a look under the passenger seat to collect change and stuff that had fallen under there and found one wire left, a small 2 pin plug coming from under the carpet. 'How did I meiss this' I thought, thinking it must have been something going to the original amp. Then I noticed the seat has a little plug on it....plugged in the connector....perfect.

So, the wire is plugged in to the seat....but what does it do? the seat is not electric and as far as I know its not heated! hmm...

Is it maybe a sensor switch connection for the driver seat belt warning for LHD models?

And Jackso, what was the overheating problem with yours the other day, cured now?

Is it maybe a sensor switch connection for the driver seat belt warning for LHD models?

And Jackso, what was the overheating problem with yours the other day, cured now?

My car is in with Dave (Supraloopy) at the moment, but it looks like it was just the water pump :)

Sniff test came back fine, doing a compression test today and then changing my waterpump. Also doing the cambelt for obvious reasons and any pulleys that need doing at the same time. Oh, and my valve stem seals at last :D

I will put a bit of a write up in my over heating thread to close it off when the car is back :D

Sorry, that should have been tension reducer not pre-tensioner.

It's just a switch in the seat belt buckle that controls whether the tensions reducer operates or not (i.e. it wont try and reduce tension if the seat belt isn't in use.)