The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kinda interesting how many supra owners don't know about this club..

supra_aero

Following on from this thread

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?p=2841800#post2841800

I just remember when I had the supe, and came across other supra owners at traffic lights etc., they'd often ask where I could certain bits for my car.

I'd say "the owners club" and they were like,.."what's that??"

Maybe I am being naive but I do find it interesting that afair amount of supra owners have no idea that this place exists. And I have met many very nice kitted supra owners who have no idea about this place.

Just a thought,..had it not been for this place I'd have no idea how to go about modifying my supra back in the day or where to get work done on it.

Did you all check this site first before buying a supra or just come across it randomly or only found it when your car had a problem? Just curious..

I had no idea this place existed till 6 months after I bought my car, was a member at a crail show who told me about it, then that very same day on the way home another member who was on a motorbike asked me at a set of traffic light if I was on here.. So thought I'd better check it out.. :D

I joined nearly a year before I got mine. Didn't say much though.

The thing is though, a lot of people just buy a car because they like it, rather than having it as a hobby. They are just happy to drive the car and enjoy it rather than get involved in any community that it's associated with.

But 99% of the time if you told someone about the club they do tend to go, 'oh really? I might have a look'.

i brought my first one before knowing about the owners club wish i had of joined before my first purchase because i ended up buying a right dog:rolleyes:.

i ended up selling it and hating supe's for a while :( because mine cost me a small fortune and i got ripped off by so called traders.

after my house purchase i started to get the bug again so i brought me latest and im so glad i did :)

if it wasn't for this club and great help you get from fellow members and traders i would of never brought another

But 99% of the time if you told someone about the club they do tend to go, 'oh really? I might have a look'.

I agree. I think its because people assume owners clubs are for cars like ferrari's and maserati's and assume a supra wouldn't have one etc.

I bet lots of supra owners have no idea a TT can be BPU'd etc. I mean in all honesty I would have had no idea or ever thought about it had my friends not been so into cars. I just assumed people liked putting silly big exhausts on their cars when I first saw jap cars with them.

I had no idea about the power gains to be had on turbo cars with decats and exhausts and the like.

You only have to look through the "what's your job" threads to see that the majority of people are Engineers or Programmers or some kind of technical people. Even on dog forums that I go on a lot of them are people that use computers all day.

Every day normal folk like my dad (salesman) and my brother (recruitment) don't have a clue that they can get all this info from forums - my brother asks me for car help, I look on the related forum and tell him pretending I know what I'm talking about! :D

I would think most people that have searched for anything Supra related would've stumbled across the site. With attendance at most of the major UK events the club is fairly easy to miss for the genuine enthusiast.

I've met a lot of Supra owners that "don't get the Internet thing" and so will never appear here.

I knew I wanted a supra before I knew of the site.

I ended up buying my car, then joining up here shortly after. It was only after perusing this place that I got the modding bug. I do think that this place offers a lot to the new buyer, and I'd def sign up to dedicated members club should I buy another performance car in the future.

I decided I wanted a Supra and looked on t'internets for information, specs, 0 - 60 etc. I expected to find just a guide with all the details on.

I clicked on the link and found this magical live website where people were communicating and everything.....:blink:

Been here ever since. It's like walking through a wardrobe and finding Narnia...:D

H.

Forum user = Geek.

That's what my missus thinks anyway. And I would have agreed with her before I found this site:p

I would say 90% of my time on the computer is spent on here.

I found the site from google while researching into buying one. Done a bit of reading and bought one from a fellow member.

:)