The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Splitter Fitted (PITA)

JODY T

Just literally finished fitting this bloody splitter, if im honest it wasnt/isnt the best fit but hey what did i expect from ebay..:rolleyes:

Took two days lol and it still isnt right but it was either this or chuck it in the bin..

Nxt time ill buy a proper one and save all the headaches

Still i think it looks good in the pics.

Thinking of spraying the facelift divider bit in the mouth of the bumper satin too, wat you guys think?

JT

s.JPG

ss.JPG

I like it, i'd be tempted to remove the facelift divider!

Thats why i though of painting it so its there but not overly visable cant remove it though itll leave holes on the sides :(

Yeah the pics arent great but as i said i literally just finished it so it was a quick pic in the petrol station. Ill do some more after i washed it tomoz..

Just gotta save some cash for a rear lip spoiler (one Keron does) and thatll finish off the look, shame they are carbon fibre coz i gotta paint it satin..

Oh and i gotta paint all the black trim around the wheel arches etc to match the front

Hope that job goes a little better than this one lol

looks good, i think i'd trim the side bits but it's still one of the best supra splitters around. :thumbs:

They do one the same but without the sticky up bits but i prefer this one. just didnt think about the fitting lol the other one would have been a bit easier i think

I think it was Marc, to be honest when it arrived one of the ears was a little twisted but it went back into shape quite easily.. I had to fill and prime befoe the satin topcoat but i should have fitted it first before painting that way i could have fixed the problems first. But i didnt want the car off the road for long as its my daily drive..

Ill find out exactly who i bought it from, I wouldnt recomend them, I had more stress fitting the splitter than i did fitting my VVT engine lol

Edited by JODY T (see edit history)

They do one the same but without the sticky up bits but i prefer this one. just didnt think about the fitting lol the other one would have been a bit easier i think

I think it was Marc, to be honest when it arrived one of the ears was a little twisted but it went back into shape quite easily.. I had to fill and prime befoe the satin topcoat but i should have fitted it first before painting that way i could have fixed the problems first. But i didnt want the car off the road for long as its my daily drive..

Ill find out exactly who i bought it from, I wouldnt recomend them, I had more stress fitting the splitter than i did fitting my VVT engine lol

well i bought, sideskirts, WB front lip and spats off mad.car.styling and basically the skirts and spats are 100% spot on, very good fit indeed, but the front lip is ridiculously useless.. one side shapes round the bumper curve fine but the other side is almost straight it is that bad... very random it seems on how good the fit is for the products he sells, vey hit or miss.

i ended up not even trying to fit the front lip and just bought a different one from paul whiffin.

the splitter is under quite a bit of tention, not sure wat its gonna do under drivin conditions, its got screws evey two inches to try and pull it into shape..

was gonna complain but whats the point, hes not gonna do anything except say it should be fitted by a pro

I put this one on mine and it too was a horrible fit, this too was from carmad stylings. But, I figured for that price from Ebay I couldnt really expect much else. Got it on in the end but it's not a nice fit and under tension also. :(

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350271968763

Yep, that's the one I got too that was way off but as you say, for that price you really can't expect much.

Would you bloody believe it the fing splitter lasted 30miles before I caught it on the Tarmac.. Bloody scrape on the underside almost as long as the splitter itself, least it didn't crack..

Oh well, more filler and paint!

On the upside now I'm glad it wasn't a real nice carbon one!