The mkiv Supra Owners Club

URGENT!! My Supe - People Who Wanted Bits....

SkyJawa

Anyone who wanted bits off my car, the ins co won't let me buy it back but they have given me its location.

HBC Salvage

HBC House, Charfleets Road

Charfleets Ind Estate

Canvey Island, Essex

SS8 0PQ

Webby: http://www.hbc.co.uk/main/index.html

So if anyone wants bits off it - get in touch with them!!!! Hopefully her downfall will be useful to some of you :)

(engine is low miles and just had major service!)

I got the revised offer yesterday.

Original was 8k :( as you all know.

They increased it to..................

£12,250 :D :D :D :D :D :D

Its still a hit since I paid 16, but I did pay slightly over the odds, and I could probably get them to 13, but I'd rather have the cash now. They will only compare it to other standard TT aero's which are around the 12-13 mark anyway. Bit of a result really from their first offer :)

this is the problem with not having an assured value but so few companies do that, and also, did you not declare your mods that were worth more? another problem with it I guess, lower premium but you can get stung... insurance companies are gits, they'll get out of anything if they can.

Originally posted by Supragal

this is the problem with not having an assured value but so few companies do that, and also, did you not declare your mods that were worth more? another problem with it I guess, lower premium but you can get stung... insurance companies are gits, they'll get out of anything if they can.

Rosie, my mods were declared but Admiral group work on a basis of if crashed they'll only replace with standard parts - kinda makes you wonder what the point is adding them to your insurance.

A cheap premium ain't always the best, I've sure learnt that now, Elephant were 840 other nearest was 1k, A-Plan I think.

They are indeed gits :(

Originally posted by HISUPE

Rosie, my mods were declared but Admiral group work on a basis of if crashed they'll only replace with standard parts - kinda makes you wonder what the point is adding them to your insurance.

A cheap premium ain't always the best, I've sure learnt that now, Elephant were 840 other nearest was 1k, A-Plan I think.

They are indeed gits :(

The stupid thing is that standard parts are invariably more expensive than aftermarket ones. Body parts especially, how much would a new Toyota nosecone cost as opposed to a Stillen or Veilside?

sorry neil, didn't mean to make that sound like i was accusing you of not declaring them!! i was just interested. i also mean that people don't declare them for a cheaper premium but then get stitched. but it looks like that happens anyway *sigh*

I think it was Adrian Flux that did an assured value on my mates car for him, sadly they won't even quote me!

Originally posted by Supragal

sorry neil, didn't mean to make that sound like i was accusing you of not declaring them!! i was just interested. i also mean that people don't declare them for a cheaper premium but then get stitched. but it looks like that happens anyway *sigh*

I think it was Adrian Flux that did an assured value on my mates car for him, sadly they won't even quote me!

Ooo - I didn't take it that way either if my reply sounded like it!! LOL!!! But yeah - we can't win :(

Flux have been silly high for me for years now........