The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Too good to be True?....

Supragaz

Been looking on E-Bay and came across a 1997 Twin Turbo 6 speed Manual with "only 30k miles on clock". It is claimed to be a 15th Anniversary model, is there such a thing? The thing is it looks a lot of money's worth but there is no Reserve on it and it says "Buy now for £8000". I may be a bit of a sceptic but that looks to me like it must have a catch like it's stolen or a complete dog or previous write off etc. Am I right to be suspicious?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18290&item=2482386838&rd=1

Originally posted by Faye

A seller with no history, I'd be a little cautious if I were you.

I can't help thinking that the street looks a little "American" too

And I can't help noticing it has an "American" Turbo badge on the rear = its parked by a stars and stripe flag

Yeah, Think it has to be LHD. Doesn't look like it's set in your usual 'English' street does it? No Chav's in a Nova looking to steal your car in the background for a start! It's so easy to dupe people out of money in places like E-bay which is why I would never buy a car from there. Trust No-one!!!!!