The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BOV sounds - Video request

NOS

I have 2 :p HKS & Blitz (1st pic circled red). Sorry i don't have any videos.

haha i have never seen that b4!! surely they dont go off at the same time... unless the spring is stiffer in the blitz one so some boost gets to the HKS lol

I have a HKS with a purple insert!! It sounds awsome! If your in any gear (but 1st) let the turbos spool up till you hear them and relase the throttle ever so slowerly u get the compresser surge sound "chat chat chat chatttterrr" But thats at very low boost levels to the turbos will be safe

Take your foot off the throtle quickly and you get a nice dump

I will try and get a vid later :)

P.S: Suprab1 get a vid im intreeged on the crazy sound it must make :)

haha i have never seen that b4!! surely they dont go off at the same time... unless the spring is stiffer in the blitz one so some boost gets to the HKS lol

I have a HKS with a purple insert!! It sounds awsome! If your in any gear (but 1st) let the turbos spool up till you hear them and relase the throttle ever so slowerly u get the compresser surge sound "chat chat chat chatttterrr" But thats at very low boost levels to the turbos will be safe

Take your foot off the throtle quickly and you get a nice dump

I will try and get a vid later :)

P.S: Suprab1 get a vid im intreeged on the crazy sound it must make :)

Yes mate they both go of at the same time i think lol.

I know what you mean about low boost i get this to. It's sort of a woosh woosh woosh woosh you know what i mean :).

I will try get a video up in a while ;).

IMHO the best one is the HKS racing one. Doesn't sound quite the same as the SSQV (otherwise known as the canary on coke) and can even be plumbed back into the intake to further quieten it down... but it does a better job of relieving pressure on higher powered turbo cars. Not that performance should come into it, of course ;)