The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Questions - spare parts

tbourner

I need some bits - dunno which bits though.

1. What bulbs do I need (j-spec, I assume they're the same though).

My nearside main beam and sidelight have gone - sidelights are all the same??

2. The wiper blades are CRAP!!! I searched and found a bit, Halfrauds own???

3. Swapping my stereo with one from another car, both Pioneer so plugs should be the same. I heard you have to take the dash off to get it out??? Anyone in my area that could come and do it for me?? I'll buy ya a beer or somink!! :cool:

Oh and btw I got my car eventually!! :D

I'll post pics when I've cleaned it on Saturday.

I changed my light to uk spec ones and the bulbs in the main beam were different, there is only two types and they are quite rare apart from in either an FTO or a Ford puma etc, not sure but take one with you, all it is is one is smaller than the other (internal bit that seals it).

Stereo is easy, just take the panel where the gearstick or auto shift is off, then undo five screws from the top section of your instrument panel, then remove the speedo surround thing (just pulls off gently), then prize the bit with all the switches i.e. air con heater conrols etc out carefully, and remove all nesercery wiring connected to the back of it, and hey presto no more car!! joke, then your stereo has four screws holding it in place with the antenna relay and the abs relay on top of it.

Hope this helps if not there is loads of info scattered around.:)

Originally posted by Jake

Congrats on finally getting the car! :thumbs:

How did it pass the MoT with mainbeam and sidelight not working?

That's what I thought!!!

Never mind.

I'll get pics one day!!!

OOH!! Also, the gearbox is really clunky, is it supposed to be? Gets better when it's warmed up - maybe just needs oil I'll check tomorrow.

And what does turbo death whine sound like? Is it a harsh rough sound or a kinda cool smooth sound - cos I've got the kinda cool smooth one, hoping they just sound like that when spooling but wanted to be sure.

Originally posted by tbourner

OOH!! Also, the gearbox is really clunky, is it supposed to be?

The manual gearboxes are like that on Supras IME. They're very strong though.

I'll show you how to do the stereo if you like mate, I'm pretty local.