The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Door dings and dry ice

neo2810

Find a local Dentmaster, my local guy is superb and his charges are very sensible, think i gave him £40 cash to remove 3 car park dents in a car a while ago.

As long as theres no paint damage and they can get at the dent from the inside consider it job done and very cheap in my opinion

Find a local Dentmaster, my local guy is superb and his charges are very sensible, think i gave him £40 cash to remove 3 car park dents in a car a while ago.

As long as theres no paint damage and they can get at the dent from the inside consider it job done and very cheap in my opinion

Yeah, I'm leaning that way after looking into dry ice and the fact that minimum order appears to be 10Kg.

Cheers for the heads up.

On an aside, has anyone attempted to knock the dings out themselves from the inside of the door?

Yeah, I'm leaning that way after looking into dry ice and the fact that minimum order appears to be 10Kg.

Cheers for the heads up.

On an aside, has anyone attempted to knock the dings out themselves from the inside of the door?

No problem.

Dont try doing this yourself, you dont actually knock them out, you ease them out with a lever, get Dentmaster out and watch him !

Anyone know a good dent repair chap in the North East? I've tried to find a dentmaster and there appears to be one in Sunderland but I'd probably pick up more dents on the way out than I went in with :D

My Dentmaster guy comes to me, if yours wont its still worth using them and running the gauntlet into Sunderland :D is it really that bad up there ?

Suction cups lmao, all they will do on a door skin is pull the whole skin in and out.

if the dent is large (fist sized) and not creased the metal, the dry ice thing works.

Heat with a hair dryer for a minute or too, just to heat up the dent, then spray with a can of c02 from maplin. sudden change in temp makes it contract and go back to the shape it was forged too.

Works on big dents, not on small ones.

Dry ice? You can buy it and health and safety aren't interfering? Got a link :)

Is dry ice, ice that dosent melt? industrial stuff?

when i used to go on holiday we used to get some of the local ice cream man, was fun, but put some in a bottle with water, shake it up and watch that thing blow up. I wouldnt mess with it now, and it used to make my fingers sting.

when i used to go on holiday we used to get some of the local ice cream man, was fun, but put some in a bottle with water, shake it up and watch that thing blow up. I wouldnt mess with it now, and it used to make my fingers sting.

You're a little bit special, aren't you :D

dry ice is basically very cold Carbon Dioxide. Its one of the few substances that "sublimes", which means that it changes state directly from a solid to a gas missing out the liquid stage inbetween.