The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car's In the Bodyshop

aman00123

Hi well the supe is in the shop at the moment and thought I'd create a little thread about whats happening :)

Well on the agenda is a Veilside C1 front bumper, having the existing Veilside skirts and spats blended, overfenders fitted and blended, Veilside spoiler removed and rear wiper removed.

Then the sides, front and rear are being resprayed :)

Also new wheels courtesy of Mr Whiffin, Rota GTR-D's fronts are 18x9.5 et25, rears are 18x12 et0

I'll keep this thread updated with pics as the work continues.

At the moment just a couple of pics of the wheels really

No overfenders yet

Seriously fat rears!

And one of the spoiler removed

More will be added when work is done :)

cool mate, when will she be finished??

Shouldn't be too long bud, car's been in for about 2 weeks but nothings been done till now, guys been quite busy and luckily I can't drive at the moment (medical) so I'm not too fussed.

But he is saying around 7-10 days :)

They should be alright really mate I think/hope! Went for 315's on the rear PS2's, got them for £155 each! Front's only just clear UK brakes, very close like but clear them just fine!

That white one looks nice like, I quite like the C1, not a fan of the C2, so think it'll come out well, especially with the VS skirts on too

They should be alright really mate I think/hope! Went for 315's on the rear PS2's, got them for £155 each! Front's only just clear UK brakes, very close like but clear them just fine!

Good price aint it, got a set in the shed ready to go on mine.

I knew it would be close on the brakes, i had no chance with my brembos.

Hehe, maybe but think i'll leave it with the raised bit in the middle for now mate!

Yea was a bit worried at first but they cleared just fine, I'm throwing 3mm spacers on just in case and to get the fronts flusher (is that a word) with the fender too.

You've got me worried about the weight now mate, should be alright shouldn't it?

They fitted and blended the veilside arches without cutting back and welding up the original ones?:blink:

Nope, he said he's going to be constructing some sort of fibreglass shell to hide the original arches as they don't rub on the new wheels at all....... Or should he be cutting/lipping the arch?

When I first took it in I thought they would need cutting down but guy in shop (who has done these arches before) says if they don't run you don't need to?)

I cant belive they dont rub, i cant move more than a few inches without mine rubbing, on a hard bump i think you are going to have trouble, on my Red car i had the arches cut right back and welded up to give clearance, same on my Orange supra.