The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My NA went this morning..!!

Havard

Even though I did the deal to let the NA go a month ago I never really appreciated how sad I would be as I drove away from it....:(. Had the car for three and a half years and clocked up 17K miles and loved every one of them.

I never even got to advertise it as a local member asked to view it based on a comment I made in another thread. After two visits to my house and a 90 minute test drive....:D We agreed on a price in the last week in June.

For 5 weeks I have kept the car and only driven it a couple of times as it was not officially mine anymore. I didn't take a deposit and kept thinking that if the buyer didn't turn up then it wasn't the end of the world.

The new owner turned up as promised at 10.30 this morning, went to his bank, drew the cash out and then put the money in my account. Due to insurance issues I drove the car to his place and left it on the drive....:(

I now have a two month wait for the VVti Tip to arrive and that will be a long one. I would like to say thanks to the new owner who will announce himself soon. He made the sale very easy and kept his word throughout the process. He had had a Supra before and has plans to do some bits and pieces that I have either not had the time or the interest to do over the past few months.

My new purchase has renewed my enthusiasm for the club and I am enjoying post whoring again like I used to do 3 years ago.

Cheers

H.

:cry:

Even though ive probly seen it in the flesh about 5 times it was definatly one of the nicest white cars id seen.

End of an era mate :bye:

Oh well roll on the TT, good to see you back in full whoring mode once more :D

Bloody norah H, never realised you'd sold it. I always knew that you had an eye on another or the Porka. Did you do a thread about the new one? Cant wait to see it mate, you went through Jurgen I take it. One drive in it mate and you'll wonder why you didn't do it earlier. You did have a lovely example of an NA though:)

If I'm about when you collect your new car I'll have to pop over :)

I was meaning to pm you and arrange a visit on our return. I'll let you know when it's ready and we are making the trip up north....:D

Bloody norah H, never realised you'd sold it. I always knew that you had an eye on another or the Porka. Did you do a thread about the new one? Cant wait to see it mate, you went through Jurgen I take it. One drive in it mate and you'll wonder why you didn't do it earlier. You did have a lovely example of an NA though:)

Yep, went through Jurgen after wasting his time for a couple of years....:innocent: I debated about a lot of cars but the owners club kept me interested in another Supe. Went on 911 forums and M3 forums and they were quite disappointing by comparison.

Must make time to come and see it when you get it ;)

Please do, could do with a Havards got a new car meet...:cool:

:cry:

Even though ive probly seen it in the flesh about 5 times it was definatly one of the nicest white cars id seen.

Nice of you to say so Martin....:)

Thanks to everyone else who commented today.

H.

It hurts, even though you know something better is coming you feel a connection with it as you've poured your heart into and cherished it.

Hurts even more when it gets crashed and written off! :(

At the end of the day it's just metal.

and I am enjoying post whoring again like I used to do 3 years ago

I'm feeling a post whoring session coming back on again, let's start filling the forum with useless jibber jabber and wisecracks like the good old days:d...........I'm feeling a Rihanna thread coming along:sly:

I'm feeling a post whoring session coming back on again, let's start filling the forum with useless jibber jabber and wisecracks like the good old days:d...........I'm feeling a Rihanna thread coming along:sly:

That was one of my finer moments. It followed the "Is Rihanna's head to small" thread....:D

2 months is nothing! Although the pain must be excruciating. So you finally found a Vvti Sup eh? Congrats! Can't wait to see pics of it when it finally arrives

There are plenty in this thread and also the moment I took the plunge.....:innocent:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=223036

Cheers

H.