The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car back & Interior In

Stonkin

Collected the car yesterday after some bits being done and finally after months of the interior being stripped i've put it back together today :)

Its had new coil pack connectors and the emanage soldered after a chip fell off the motherboard. The manifold has been welded after a couple of cracks appeared, i hope this will at least last the summer out then i can look at replacing it next year. Re-wrapped manifold and downpipe. New terminals have been soldered onto the coolant temperature sensor as one was hanging off and one only just connected. This appears to have fixed a hot start issue (as expected) where sometimes it didnt want to start if run, switched off and then started fairly soon. Quite embarrasing at petrol stations! :) New fuel filter (all the rest was serviced by b'have a few hundred miles ago) New UK front discs from Toyota and CW front pads. A new fan shroud as the old one was cracked. New negative battery terminal to earth as the old one had a quick release system which was corroded and again causing start issues. Finally 4 new Eagle F1's.

For the interior, it was showing its age badly so i got a mint condition facelift black carpet from Dude, i wrapped 2 of the easy dash panels in carbon fabric and gave the rest to blueangel to sort :) New dials from Skewer and gave these to Heckler along with the rest of the dash bits for a red led conversion. Finally aluminum rings to finish the dash off :)

When i got the car the dash was like this

After a strip down it looked like this

And then back together. Really happy with how it has turned out :) Such a nicer place to sit in. Some of the pics make the carbon look very green against the black dash but its not like that in real life, just naff camera. Will do a proper mount in the spare dash hole for the purple usb cable for the emanage, just tucked it through there and behind the boost controller for now. Also managed to break a couple of the clips holding the plastic on by the accelerator so will order them and get that back on.

Edited by Stonkin (see edit history)

WOW, what a difference that makes Christian, thats my plan to make mine like that, Before the POD, doubt i'll have time though. :(

:thumbs: dude

Thanks Geo, has made a huge difference mate. Even just the carpet.

Sun has just come out here, so its gona be play time soon :) Keen to find any other issues that might need resolving before pod.

Just gone to go out in car, have been using it fine all day, the idle is very low and almost trying to stall therefore bouncing up and down a bit. The ecu light is on. I've checked the codes and it seems to be coming up with code 11.

I cant find anything on the forum about this code, any ideas?

Cheers